Next Season Could Be Fantastic

I don't think we will go straight through. At BEST.... 1st season trying to acclimatize 2nd season play offs at best 3rd season proper go for promotion...... That's at best. Depends on what players we get in, them gelling and luck.....that we get some!

Please don't try turn an utter disaster in to 'lets make this a positive!' we will need to do that in time but if we don't act NOW to change things it will be operation paper over the cracks AGAIN!!!!!! THIS NEEDS TO STOP NOW!!!!!!! 

PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE POSITIVE SAND AND WAKE UP PLEASE!!!!!! 

one and a half good seasons has allowed us to sleep walk back down to league 1!!!! We've done our stint down here remember we are a club who should be in the premiership! Leeds, man city, and others found their way back some have had a couple of goes at it while we have been down and out of the premiership and are being forgotten!  Remember who we are (those who are old enough) we are not a championship/league 1 club! (We have a league one squad as of last summer I know)

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

Not bothered what the division is, promotion seasons are amazing.  No matter what people say now the vast majority would return. Let’s hope DM is allowed to bring in who he wants (could be a problem) and builds a dynamic young team. 

This is bang on

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

That Carlisle goal is one of the best moments ever at hillsbro.

It was also one of the loudest. And there was only about 18000 there.  Everyone hugging each other. It meant so much.

I wish there was more footage of it.

21,934. It was fantastic, and I remember we had a meal booked with the in-laws at Sette Colli later that evening, everybody was grinning like Cheshire cats, we knew it was on.

42 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

We could do a Saints/Norwich/Blunts and get the back to back promotions lol

Momentum is everything.

For the past few years ours has been in a downwards trajectory, at some point we have to stabilise and start making progress. 
If we build positive momentum we can do what the pigs did.

Thing is - when you get relegated you get your heart broken for a couple of months

Then the fixture list comes out, tickets go on sale, the new shirts come out, then we start signing players and it becomes a bright fresh new start

If we're totally honest the pain of relegation hurts like hell for a few weeks then it's all about the future

Keep ya chins up 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing is - when you get relegated you get your heart broken for a couple of months

Then the fixture list comes out, tickets go on sale, the new shirts come out, then we start signing players and it becomes a bright fresh new start

If we're totally honest the pain of relegation hurts like hell for a few weeks then it's all about the future

Keep ya chins up 

nicely put. I’m embarrassed that we will be a league one club next season, things won’t change for the better while Chansiri is here, I want him out of our club ASAP, but as you say after the initial pain, anger and embarrassment you start to feel a bit better. This season I think a lot of us have excepted relegation already. Perhaps that will help the pain. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's why I'm accepting it now!

I'm no longer going to have my heart broken every Saturday, and I've actually got something to look forward to.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Keep ya chins up 

It's like your family sometimes things don't turn out like it should but you never give up on them 

Wednesday are big part of life I don't like a lot of what's going on but it's my club by choice the harder it gets the more supportive I become

• Love 1

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

Not bothered what the division is, promotion seasons are amazing.  No matter what people say now the vast majority would return. Let’s hope DM is allowed to bring in who he wants (could be a problem) and builds a dynamic young team. 

Like many on here I can’t see anything fantastic about playing in the 3rd tier of English again. 
Home games with only 8000 in the ground, away games stood in the freezing rain at yet another poo hole of a ground only to watch us get beat.

Personally it’s not for me, AGAIN. 

Ultimately it's impossible to criticise or praise fans for giving up or even going to every game

People choose to do what they individually choose to do

Everyone has their own circumstances and opinions and it's wrong to judge or criticise anyone for not going to every game, or stopping having a season ticket in the same way that it's not right to think fans who go to every game and criticise those that don't as better / bigger fans

Everyone is their own human being - that should always be respected

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Like many on here I can’t see anything fantastic about playing in the 3rd tier of English again. 
Home games with only 8000 in the ground, away games stood in the freezing rain at yet another poo hole of a ground only to watch us get beat.

Personally it’s not for me, AGAIN. 

Don't worry iv got another grandson to get a season ticket for you won't be missed

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Don't worry iv got another grandson to get a season ticket for you won't be missed

Insult me all you wish, but like many others I have never let the club down,

that’s not something I can say say about the shower playing at S6 this season...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Please don't do this 
People have their own circumstances, reasons and opinions

Saying stuff like 'you won't be missed' is just crass and tasteless

Let's keep it friendly and avoid the Uberfan stuff ♥️

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Please don't do this 
People have their own circumstances, reasons and opinions

Saying stuff like 'you won't be missed' is just crass and tasteless

Let's keep it friendly and avoid the Uberfan stuff ♥️

One person leaves one person joins the maths tell you he won't be missed what's the problem

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

One person leaves one person joins the maths tell you he won't be missed what's the problem

The problem (for me personally is you framing it in a way that basically says 'FOOOOOK OFF THEN' 

Come on - let's be better than that

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The problem (for me personally is you framing it in a way that basically says 'FOOOOOK OFF THEN' 

Come on - let's be better than that

I don't see that way it's really one person decides they don't want to attend another can't wait to attend and support the club it's that simple

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

nicely put. I’m embarrassed that we will be a league one club next season, things won’t change for the better while Chansiri is here, I want him out of our club ASAP, but as you say after the initial pain, anger and embarrassment you start to feel a bit better. This season I think a lot of us have excepted relegation already. Perhaps that will help the pain. 

I accepted it after the Rotherham game, that was a must win. It took me about a day after the defeat to stop thinking about it. I'm 64 & if I think back to being relegated in 1970 when I actually cried outside the ground the point I'm at now couldn't be more different....I still love Wednesday just as much but now, if we lose, it takes an hour to get past it, like I said the Rotherham match took a day because I believed it relegated us but my head is in League One now.

This has been the roller coaster, if I'm lucky I might get another 20/25 years to hopefully see us back at the top, if not then that's it, only death stops being an Owl....thing is I'm always optimistic so I'll look forward now to next season.

• Like 1

People are pessimistic because of the last 2-3 years.

But prior to that they were very optimistic indeed.

That's because he spent like there was no tomorrow at first, and since then we've been on short commons.

This season has been the final act in that gambling experiment.

Next season, however, is quite different.

I'm optimistic because of Moore.

If he can do it at Donny, then why not here?

• Like 1