Next Season Could Be Fantastic

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

That Carlisle goal is one of the best moments ever at hillsbro.

It was also one of the loudest. And there was only about 18000 there.  Everyone hugging each other. It meant so much.

I wish there was more footage of it.

Agreed its probably one of my favourite goals at Hillsborough. The place went up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It was also one of the loudest. And there was only about 18000 there.  Everyone hugging each other. It meant so much.

I went mad that day.  All my United mates were on the phone all day at their “Promotion Party”....

My mate had an heart attack in The North when we scored but he didn’t know until he had a bigger one the next morning when he was on the job with his missus....

:duntmatter:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I went mad that day.  All my United mates were on the phone all day at their “Promotion Party”....

My mate had an heart attack in The North when we scored but he didn’t know until he had a bigger one the next morning when he was on the job with his missus....

:duntmatter:

What a video ‘fuckoff United the City is ours’

It will be again, keep the faith. 

• Love 2

It could be chance for a re-set. 

We've had some decent days down there before. 

Will Moore be here though, or will be endure more managerial merry go round beforehand. 

Will he be able to assemble the squad he wants or will he have players foisted on him that he doesn't want. 

What position will we be in financially. 

Will we be able to get the best players in the division.

Or do we have to look forward to Paul Smith type signings.

At other times in history I can see that going down can be an opportunity to start over. But at this moment in time.... sadly I can see it being disastrous for us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When quizzing the chairman on the ticket price increase for the 21/22 season Mr Chansiri explained:

"This season will see Sheffield Wednesday battling for promotion to the Championship and I think our customers will understand that if they want to see the league's best players come here to achieve this they will need to dip into their pockets for their family"

Mr Chansiri was then asked how he felt about the critisism towards the ticket price increase to which he responded:

"That is no concern of mine. Their money doesn't pay for anything any way".

I can see us winning a few games, losing a lot, drawing a lot; boring football and then suddenly we get promoted next season. Gosh I remember when we managed to fight into the championship and had a battle to be in the playoffs (tight game and only just made 6th place).  Promotion battle sure is nerve racking.

I don’t want to see us go down, especially with United coming down but all the boys were on the phone last night and we all said the same.....If it’s to be and it means we get rid of the biggest part of this set of wasters with a young manager and young new players who actually give a flyingfuck then so be it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Fantastic for those with low standards. I just can’t see any positives for being in league 1. Yea we might win a few more games, but we’re winning in league 1 

I think, for a season or two at least, that might be better than every Saturday afternoon / Wednesday evening being completely soul destroying.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Fantastic for those with low standards. I just can’t see any positives for being in league 1. Yea we might win a few more games, but we’re winning in league 1 

This is it for me. The novelty wore off last time. When did standards slip so much that being in the pub league for the 3rd time in 20 years became acceptable? So we beat the likes of Accrington and Forest Green. Big ******** deal. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I don’t want to see us go down, especially with United coming down but all the boys were on the phone last night and we all said the same.....If it’s to be and it means we get rid of the biggest part of this set of wasters with a young manager and young new players who actually give a flyingfuck then so be it.

We don’t have to be in league 1 to ‘clear the decks’. All it means is the club is making less money, playing bottom teams and signing players of lesser quality. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

That was the moment automatic was sealed for me and I said that with my mates at the time .

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

We don’t have to be in league 1 to ‘clear the decks’. All it means is the club is making less money, playing bottom teams and signing players of lesser quality. 

Exactly. The out of contract players can clear off if we stay in the Championship.

And by no means is it an easy division to get out of. And I have no faith in Chansiri and his advisers to recruit a competitive team at that level. No faith at all.

It’s going to be horrible. I genuinely believe this time around it will take even longer to get back up. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

So true. Why is it that we can't run the club well in the Championship yet a drop to league 1 which will see us lose money, fans and prestige in all areas will suddenly see us be able to recruit well and run the club properly. It's going to be harder. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So true. Why is it that we can't run the club well in the Championship yet a drop to league 1 which will see us lose money, fans and prestige in all areas will suddenly see us be able to recruit well and run the club properly. It's going to be harder. 

This is why DC gets away with it. We’ve been crap for so long now that our fan base just accepts lower standards. No other club of our size has endured this many relegations to the third tier. It’s utterly embarrassing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Quite frankly, I doubt Moore will be here. He'll either be sacked as DCs scapegoat or walk. Irrespective of this, we'll be fighting a relegation battle next season. I think we'll go straight through that league. DC can't even run the boilers or undersoil heating FFS.

This is my very real fear......

• Thanks 1