Next Season Could Be Fantastic

Hopefully it clicks and Darren Moore or whomever are allowed to rebuild sensibly but I think it will take more than one season. I fear that we won't afford Moore the stability and patience to build long term and I can't see DC doing things sensibly, like which is what's needed, and we'll go back round in circles struggling but at a lower level. 

On 07/03/2021 at 10:32, BIG D said:

No matter what people say now the vast majority would return.

You're probably right in that 2020/21 ST holders (18k? was it) will have a role over ST for 2021/22 and not many will chance a refund option, though I'm also thinking on a cold wintery Tuesday night v Fleetwood ST's might not bother. As for POTG, if there are more than 500 mentalists (I'm sure there are some) that are willing to put £30+ for a league 1 game, I'd be amazed. Average 19000-20000 for a mid table season, add 2,000 tops if we start winning regularly. And yeah I might even Shell out £36 for a 'Wycombe style' end of season promotion game. 

It will be 2022/23 where we see a much larger decrease in STs and attendance, unless there is a big upturn in fortunes and/or a sensible ticket pricing restructure.

We're in a mess and I don't see much way out at the moment.

We're literally relying on DC making positive changes.

Maybe it's because of the pandemic and all that it has brought (death, unemployment, social isolation etc) but being relegated just isn't bothering me in the way it used to.

Or should be.

There's been other much bigger things to worry about.

In fact, if anything it's making me look forward to that first home game of the season more than any other down the years. Even in L1.

Because when we're all back at Hillsborough in August, it'll be a double breath of fresh air as not only will we have seen the back of Covid but it will also see the end of an era that eventually ended in failure.

And although everything ends and that's sad, it also means everything has a beginning too. And that's always a happy time.

We have a young, modern manager who likes his teams to play football on the front foot and give their all and that'll have the fans singing again.

He'll have had a full pre season to coach his style into the squad.

He knows the league inside out.

But aside from that, our city itself will be coming back to life. The centre is becoming bright and modern with so much new development, the shops, cafes and bars will be open again and the students will return to bring the buzz and pump the pulse of life back through the streets.

Yes, it'll (probably) be in L1 but I'm looking forward to a fresh new start. 
In every way.