Next Season Could Be Fantastic

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Not bothered what the division is, promotion seasons are amazing.  No matter what people say now the vast majority would return. Let’s hope DM is allowed to bring in who he wants (could be a problem) and builds a dynamic young team. 

Lot of 'ifs' in that statement.  But yeah, I agree if by some miracle Chansiri changes his way and lets Moore actually manage and bring in his players, next season could be better than we fear.

Unfortunately,  theres more chance of my ars3hole sprouting dafs than that happening:(

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

That Carlisle goal is one of the best moments ever at hillsbro.

It was also one of the loudest. And there was only about 18000 there.  Everyone hugging each other. It meant so much.

I wish there was more footage of it.

That goal is one of my favourite moments at any game ever. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Quite frankly, I doubt Moore will be here. He'll either be sacked as DCs scapegoat or walk. 

I wouldn't be so sure.

He clearly took a risk coming here, so he did it for a reason. He would have been well aware of the deep rooted problems and the very real risk of relegation, so I don't think he'll walk. And I very much doubt he took on Mission Impossible with just a few months to accomplish it, so my guess is Chansiri has factored in relegation and given DM at least 18 months.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Not bothered what the division is, promotion seasons are amazing.  No matter what people say now the vast majority would return. Let’s hope DM is allowed to bring in who he wants (could be a problem) and builds a dynamic young team. 

100%

What makes you think we will be anywhere near the top end of the league 1 table?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You mean with players like shaw, hunt, waldock, Brennan, Urhoghide and penney.

Oh waiting a minute they will all not be here next season as our chairman values tying down the 30+ 'family players' instead of looking to the future to the players that will be worth something to the club in a season or two.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I wouldn't be so sure.

He clearly took a risk coming here, so he did it for a reason. He would have been well aware of the deep rooted problems and the very real risk of relegation, so I don't think he'll walk. And I very much doubt he took on Mission Impossible with just a few months to accomplish it, so my guess is Chansiri has factored in relegation and given DM at least 18 months.

Agree.

It will take AT LEAST won seasons to redress the long standing problems at this club.

We need to get rid of the old guard, the one's used to losing, bring in players who are capable of getting the club out of the 1st div.

That does not mean over aged, over hyped and over paid Championship players, rather Young, hungry, ambitious players.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Agree.

It will take AT LEAST two seasons to redress the long standing problems at this club.

We need to get rid of the old guard, the one's used to losing, bring in players who are capable of getting the club out of the 1st div.

That does not mean over aged, over hyped and over paid Championship players, rather Young, hungry, ambitious players.

Thats better.

17 minutes ago, Gbear1867 said:

Lot of 'ifs' in that statement.  But yeah, I agree if by some miracle Chansiri changes his way and lets Moore actually manage and bring in his players, next season could be better than we fear.

Unfortunately,  theres more chance of my ars3hole sprouting dafs than that happening:(

another Gbear?! What is this?!

• Haha 1