Bournemouth - V - Wednesday OMDT

Hillsborough to Bournemouth is a nice 500mile round trip! I hope the bus didn’t get stuck this morning leaving Hillsborough!

I have no doubt we will lose tonight. As has already been said long journeys midweek are never good for us. 

May as well give it a go and start an attacking lineup just for a laugh. 

Im not that sure what an attacking lineup actually looks like really anymore but two up top would be a start. 

Reach was actually by some distance our worst player on Saturday. Might be a good idea to rest him from the matchday squad entirely as I do think his performance does drop when he’s overplayed.

The lack of new players was unsurprising but still unwelcome. Can’t be good for moral at the club!

• Like 1

Down in that neck of the woods, Devon, Dorset and Somerset how do we fare ?  We always seem to hold our own in Plymouth and Yeovil with some decent results Exeter less so and Bournemouth a bit of a grave yard.

My hope is that they will over commit on Newbies and we will take advantage.

Wednesday 1-0 come on Wednesday give it your best shot.   

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

1862203700_snoothall.jpg.51d061d9d0536af78a23fe73a88c6335.jpg

"Any transfer news Stubbs? A bit of transfer talk always livens the day doesn't it. Stirs the embers. Gets a bit of hope going in the old soul doesn't it. A sign of a fresh start coming. Snow drops showing in the verges sort of thing. The start of a new spring."

"No ,Sir." 

"Ugh."

"Well, you weren't seriously expecting any were you ,Sir? Club in the mire. Not a groat in the kitty. Well, we presume there's nothing in the kitty, of course, because the accounts have yet to..."

"Ok, ok with the doom-mongering Stubbs!"

"I mean, you don't even really own a ground anymore do you, Sir. You have literally nothing. Nothing at all."

"We can claw it back Stubbs! Claw it back. We only have to sell one of our star players and the coffers will look a lot healthier. A lot healthier"

"And which, if i may be so bold, of the 30+ high earners do you think other clubs might want to buy ,Sir? "

"So pessimistic, Stubbs. So pessimistic. You don't sell your old gimmers"

"Well that's evident,Sir. Most of them end up in the lower divisions, retired injured... "

image.png.901463c475c99978a9faff230f173ffc.png

"You miss my point. You make your money in this game by selling your young players, sold on nothing but potential and promise. Look at the Grunters. They have offed a kid for a few million nearly every summer for two decades until they made it up. Half of them haven't done anything with the exception of Walker and the taff.  But you get them in the team, a few lively young displays and then flog them, based on potential and rake in the cash"

"It does seem like a winning formula to keep the financials on an even keel,Sir. How many have you sold in the same window?"

"Well...um"

"Ahh. Right. I see. Well, as you say ,Sir, maybe this is the time. A New dawn. Maybe you'll start taking a common sense business approach. Urhoghide, Shaw and co, maybe you can make a bit back on them,after all they've put in a few decent displays might have caught the eye somewhere. Get someone to pay a kings gamble."

image.png.c29959ea8b47c428e97a905978c4fdc5.png

"They can walk for nothing in the summer."

"I'm sorry,Sir I didn't quite catch that"

"They can walk for nothing in the summer"

"I'm sorry ,Sir, really, but you'll have to speak up"

"THEY CAN WALK FOR NOTHING IN THE SUMMER!!"

"Oh. Oh dear, well I'm sorry to hear that ,Sir.  The summer. But... but...that's less than a few short months away."

"I know!"

"Yes, sorry,Sir but what I meant was. Whenever I pick up a newspaper and check the sports sections it's often the way to read something like "CITY HAVE OPENED EXTENSION TALKS WITH THE PLAYER, WHO HAS 2 YEARS LEFT ON HIS CURRENT 5 YEAR DEAL" You know. I think it's a case of making sure things don't go to the wire isn't it?"

"Yes! I know all that. But look, just because we've left it to the dog end before looking at them, doesn't mean the chaps aren't going to re-sign. Does it.  No , far from it. There's plenty of reasons to re-sign here."

"Being paid on time isn't one of them"

"What was that, Stubbs?"

"Nothing,Sir"

"And of course, they have a much better chance of first team football if they stay here too, don't they!"

"Yes. In the 3rd division"

"What's that Stubbs? Stop mumbling man! And put the kettle on. It's getting a bit chilly in here. Oh Stubbs?"

"Sir?"

"Any news on the new manager front?"

"Yes there is ,Sir"

"Ooh goody. Who have we got?"

"Oh, no one,Sir. Just the news that the message seems to be finally sinking in that they need some one with a legible work-permit and that the list they had drawn up was useless as none of them can actually come and work here, so that list can now be burnt."

"Oh. I see. No new favourites then?"

"The bookies list is entirely fictional ,Sir. Would you like me to put £5 on Hargreaves just for a wheeze?"

"No, put me £15 on Keith Chegwin"

"Chegwin is dead, Sir"

"He''ll be the perfect  fit for the club then won't he." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOURNEMOUTH

-V's-

WEDNESDAY

image.png.0ca8c66b4d4e3e54b9d4ad37c8fa54e5.png

2nd February 2021

Kick Off : 7pm

Vitality Stadium

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.586f95ee17c35ccdc87aafd4a1259254.png

Bournemouth are winless in four league games in total - their worst run of the season so far - with the pressure on Jason Tindall to restore the squad's confidence as they aim to return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

However, their next five games are all against sides in the current bottom six so they will be optimistic of turning the tide and putting a string of wins together.

Bournemouth will also be hopeful that a return to home comforts can play a part as they have lost just twice at the Vitality Stadium this season, but one of those defeats came in their most recent home game – a 1-0 loss to Luton Town.

TEAM

Tindall made three half-time changes at Reading on Friday night as he brought on Adam Smith, Jack Wilshere and David Brooks, and the trio could feature from the start on Tuesday.

Junior Stanislas also came on as a substitute in Berkshire and scored, which could earn him a start, while new signing Ben Pearson is in line for a debut.

Lloyd Kelly missed the trip to the Madejski Stadium with ankle injury but may return to the squad.

image.png.b4ad4100ab87b29e56d06eb13ff41ded.png

Bournemouth possible :
Begovic

Stacey   Mepham    Cook    Smith

Pearson L. Cook   Wilshere

Brooks   Solanke   Stanislas

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.92e566a2ca46237ad1a0f9fc9bd0263c.png

Wednesday, while enjoying a recent upturn in form at home, are winless in their last nine away league matches and only Wycombe Wanderers have picked up fewer points on the road. What's more, no team has scored fewer away goals than the Owls (six).

Wednesday are still without a permanent manager, but caretaker boss Neil Thompson has led them to three wins in four league games; they claimed a 1-0 victory over Preston North End on Saturday as Liam Palmer's first goal in over nine years proved decisive.

TEAM

Wednesday are hopeful that Chey Dunkley, who has missed the last five games with injury, will be able to return this week, but he may start on the bench.

Young defender Osaze Urhoghide made his first league appearance of the season against Preston on Saturday and put in an impressive performance so should keep his place in the side at left centre half.

image.png.f2e4cd341f9758fbe1d8c5d870c993ca.png

Wednesday possible:
Westwood

Hutchinson      Lees     Urhoghide

Palmer    Reach  Pelupessy   Bannan   Penney

Paterson   Windass

--------------------------------------------------------

FORM GUIDE:

Bournemouth  form: D L L L

Wednesday  form: W W W

--------------------------------------------------------

AS IT STANDS...

image.png.00c3369ce77530c1ffa91376366f4495.png

After last Saturday, I am making no prediction tonight, that humble pie wasn't very nice.