Transfer Deadline Day

3 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

He changed the spending approach the season Carlos was sacked ? Boyd and van aken arrived Boyd on a free ( big wages) van aken rum 4 m ( biggish wages) since then pelepoop 400k iorfa 250k loungo 700k windass Paterson 500k each apparently? So since January 2018 6-5 m ish ? Joao gone for 6m hunt 1-5m and rumered Bruce compo 2-3 m so stopped spending a while ago on fees know he still had all the wages to pay but spending on players stopped 2-3 yrs ago

Spot on, its a myth we've spent on transfers Other than his first 2 years we've been out spent by half the championship.  Wages though that's a different matter, DC likes a big earner sat doing nowt  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Last 30 mins.......no mention of Grant yet

English Football League

17:30: Joe Adams [Brentford - Grimsby] Loan

17:30: Aji Alese [West Ham - Cambridge] Loan

17:30: Mustapha Olagunju [Huddersfield - Port Vale] Loan

17:30: MJ Williams [Blackpool - Bolton] Free

17:15: Callum Wright [Leicester - Cheltenham] Loan

17:00: Oladapo Afolayan [West Ham - Bolton] Loan

17:00: Daryl Dike [Lesbos  City - Barnsley] Loan

17:00: Serhat Tasdemir [Peterborough - Oldham] Loan

Fixed .......

Sid.png.bc03bf8706991e3251b66ee52e9bdbb9.png

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

He changed the spending approach the season Carlos was sacked ? Boyd and van aken arrived Boyd on a free ( big wages) van aken rum 4 m ( biggish wages) since then pelepoop 400k iorfa 250k loungo 700k windass Paterson 500k each apparently? So since January 2018 6-5 m ish ? Joao gone for 6m hunt 1-5m and rumered Bruce compo 2-3 m so stopped spending a while ago on fees know he still had all the wages to pay but spending on players stopped 2-3 yrs ago

But it doesnt go till there contracts up doesnt it?, so rhodes were still paying for. Iorfa/loungo are good players thow I recon. Plus that doesnt take in to account folk who were brought in to fill the void, I'm not sure the numbers but I'd bet the wage bill is 50% lower once rhodes is gone and all the legacy players on daft wages. Also recently there was word from in the club that we were putting in a more sustainable wage structure for future signings

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Minton said:

Derby couldn't pay their players until a couple of days ago. It's called a rich new owner. 

Their takeover deal is far from completed. Don't think their current activity is related to that. They have agreed to sell 2 players for around £1.5M combined and the players they are looking to bring in won't be breaking the bank. 

Got to feel sorry for the local journos. Desperately trying to create some swfc news on a day when there will be no swfc transfer activity. I appreciate their efforts in trying to keep us informed of all that is going on, but on this occasion they would be better off admitting defeat!

Dom’s latest Tweet. Hopefully he’s changed his mind now he’s been told he can leave. 

Wednesday inquired about Lukas Jutkiewicz earlier in the window but I am told that's as far as it went. 

He does not want to leave Birmingham. #SWFC