Transfer Deadline Day

2 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

That probably right they’ve also sold one to Liverpool and one to Swansea we struggle to give em away? Also thought even with new owners you still had to go by previous accounts ? Anyway doesn’t matter we ain’t signing anyone and that ladies and gentlemen will probably be the final nail in the coffin barring any late deals or managing to fluke enough 1-0 wins 

Only income they've had is the £6m the pigs paid for Bogle and Lowe (and they spent £3.5m of that of Jozwiak)

Edited by Minton
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

look I have support the owls for over 40 years and in the past we were in the Premier league, we were playing in Europe, we were competing to win the cup and in the past challenging at the top of the league and in all that time we did not have to risk our existence to achieve the goals, we did not have 10 players+ a season being released, we also did not have to sell our stadium to cover the debts built up, we didn't get any fines for breaching leagues rules and we didn't get any points deductions.

There is a whole generation of Owls who think a nearly promotion is the pinnacle of being an Owl. We have been a very good team in the past but this will never happen again if we have people running the club who are so stubborn to realise they do not have a clue what they are doing, They blame everyone and everything when it is clear to the man in the street or in the stands, that the one person who should know what he is doing clearly does not have a clue.

I dont think it's a pinicle at all, it's just been the closest we have come in a long time. If it was me I'd have invested long term like a brentford or ajax, developing talent and a top notch training facility. Problem is your coming from this with a fans perspective, the chairman doesnt, to him it's a buissness and like most businessmen want instant gratification, that's why they went spendagedon or bust. Chansiri seems to have alterd his approach lately thow with looking for a new dof and scouting/recruitment team, new fans outreach program thing and buying younger players with a chance of resale value. If your guna criticise him thow you have to use logical consistency. Problem is thow when folk say every one can see it, nobody has anything riding on there suggestions in hindsight, I didnt hear many people complaining about spendagedon at the time 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Travolski said:

I dont think it's a pinicle at all, it's just been the closest we have come in a long time. If it was me I'd have invested long term like a brentford or ajax, developing talent and a top notch training facility. Problem is your coming from this with a fans perspective, the chairman doesnt, to him it's a buissness and like most businessmen want instant gratification, that's why they went spendagedon or bust. Chansiri seems to have alterd his approach lately thow with looking for a new dof and scouting/recruitment team, new fans outreach program thing and buying younger players with a chance of resale value. If your guna criticise him thow you have to use logical consistency. Problem is thow when folk say every one can see it, nobody has anything riding on there suggestions in hindsight, I didnt hear many people complaining about spendagedon at the time 🤷‍♂️

He changed the spending approach the season Carlos was sacked ? Boyd and van aken arrived Boyd on a free ( big wages) van aken rum 4 m ( biggish wages) since then pelepoop 400k iorfa 250k loungo 700k windass Paterson 500k each apparently? So since January 2018 6-5 m ish ? Joao gone for 6m hunt 1-5m and rumered Bruce compo 2-3 m so stopped spending a while ago on fees know he still had all the wages to pay but spending on players stopped 2-3 yrs ago

• Like 3

Just now, Bing Cosby said:

You aren't in business are 

Semantics to make a point weather I own my own business, most buissness do this all the time. some folks sole job is buying companys just for maybe 1 contract and then desolve the companys after its completion. To pretend all buissness is long term multinationals is wrong, majority are small companys nearly making the books balance

• Haha 1

Last 30 mins.......no mention of Grant yet

English Football League

17:30: Joe Adams [Brentford - Grimsby] Loan

17:30: Aji Alese [West Ham - Cambridge] Loan

17:30: Mustapha Olagunju [Huddersfield - Port Vale] Loan

17:30: MJ Williams [Blackpool - Bolton] Free

17:15: Callum Wright [Leicester - Cheltenham] Loan

17:00: Oladapo Afolayan [West Ham - Bolton] Loan

17:00: Daryl Dike [Orlando City - Barnsley] Loan

17:00: Serhat Tasdemir [Peterborough - Oldham] Loan

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fantastic business from Derby in the circumstances. Two players who would improve us in Roberts and Gregory.

Meanwhile at Wednesday....

Roberts is decent. Gregory wouldn't be any better than Marriott in my opinion. 

We need to do something in terms of a goal scoring focal point option though. Coventry went for a striker on loan from Brighton recently - scored past us, Wycombe went for a kid from Leicester earlier this month - he scored at the weekend. If Wycombe can bring someone in to try and give them a better fighting chance it will be a major disappointment if we remain inactive and fail address the position that we have been weakest in since the start of the last transfer window.