Transfer Deadline Day

Not sure who in their right mind would sign for us with everything that's going on in the background. No manager, facing relegation, can't afford to pay the players we currently have. You'd have to have a screw loose to sign for us right now

Hope i'm right and we're able to bring in at least a striker but not getting my hopes up

• Like 3

Just now, IWEDFM said:

Not sure who in their right mind would sign for us with everything that's going on in the background. No manager, facing relegation, can't afford to pay the players we currently have. You'd have to have a screw loose to sign for us right now

Hope i'm right and we're able to bring in at least a striker but not getting my hopes up

Bloody phone meant to put hope i'm wrong

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

At this point I'd welcome any addition, and be very shocked if we make any addition.

A whole transfer window where the sole signing is Hutchinson after releasing him 6 months ago mind boggling (that said of course couple of decent performances from him so far especially the last one at CB).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Then I don't understand why Green chose to come here? 

Might have been desperate, hadn't been at a club in six months and needed to sign somewhere, but money talks and I'd have thought we're currently bottom of the pile when it comes to that? 

Or are we actually offering better contracts than the rest of the division still - and in that case, how, when we can't pay our own players on time....

This club be death of me..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

I think it’s worth finding the money for a forward if it means he can get the goals we need to stay up. League 1 will be more catastrophic for our finances than a 10-15k per week striker for a few months.

We're more than likely under an embargo 

I wonder if it has to be one in / one out scenario - or even if we're allowed to sign on a free / loan. 

10 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Then I don't understand why Green chose to come here? 

Might have been desperate, hadn't been at a club in six months and needed to sign somewhere, but money talks and I'd have thought we're currently bottom of the pile when it comes to that? 

Or are we actually offering better contracts than the rest of the division still - and in that case, how, when we can't pay our own players on time....

This club be death of me..

Green was without a club sat at home not getting paid so he probably thought signing for us would get him out the house

• Like 1
  • Haha 6