Transfer Deadline Day

53 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We are three points from safety with glaring gaps in the team. Other clubs are making signings, we’re missing out on strikers. 

So how are we not the least attractive proposition in the league? Surely if we were these players who have made moves over the past few days - at least one of them would have joined Wednesday? 

But how do you know we are actually in for any of them. Parrott has just joined Ipswich. Are you telling me he would have choose them over us.

You are making out like we have been after about 10 strikers and they have all said no chance. It wouldnt surprise me if we haven't even approached one yet.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, bladeshater said:

But without the -6 points deduction we are out of the relegation places

With not paying the wages on time again we could be in for more points deductions if we get the same treatment as Macclesfield got last season for doing the same thing.

December 2019: A 10-point deduction is imposed, with four suspended, for non-payment of salaries and failing to fulfil a fixture against Crewe. In March, this was reduced to seven points with three suspended after Macclesfield appealed. It meant the club were deducted four points with immediate effect.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

But how do you know we are actually in for any of them. Parrott has just joined Ipswich. Are you telling me he would have choose them over us.

You are making out like we have been after about 10 strikers and they have all said no chance. It wouldnt surprise me if we haven't even approached one yet.

Why have we not approached a striker yet? It’s the last day of the window, we’ve had 31 days. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Players not being paid on time

No manager

Three points from safety

Chairman who goes on the war path in public and has a pop at potential managers and former managers

How are we not the most unattractive proposition in the league? No narrative. I’ve just outlined 4 reasons why players might be put off joining us. They’re all valid and reasonable points. 

Instead of trying to score points, why not come up with a list of reasons why you think players want to join Sheffield Wednesday right now? 

Just trying to bring a smile to your face Sally; I've seen the list up to 1530 and I'd take Hutch over all of them. How the club is run is an external factor over which, we have no control. All you will do is build up in yourself a severe case of hypertension, Relax a little.  

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

Maybe we need the wages of the 2 Academy players covered by loans before we can club the 2 wages together to pay for our incoming loan?

Last hour.

Deadline-day transfers

All times GMT

English Football League

16:00: Teden Mengi [Manchester United - Derby] Loan

15:30: Taylor Harwood-Bellis [Manchester City - Blackburn] Loan

15:30: Robbie Willmott [Newport - Exeter] Loan

15:30: Charles Vernam [Burton - Bradford] Undisclosed

15:00: Dior Angus [Barrow - Wrexham] Free

15:00: Jamie Pardington [Wolves - Mansfield] Loan

15:00: Frank Nouble [Plymouth - Colchester] Loan

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

With not paying the wages on time again we could be in for more points deductions if we get the same treatment as Macclesfield got last season for doing the same thing.

December 2019: A 10-point deduction is imposed, with four suspended, for non-payment of salaries and failing to fulfil a fixture against Crewe. In March, this was reduced to seven points with three suspended after Macclesfield appealed. It meant the club were deducted four points with immediate effect.

No chance, I bet you alot of teams join the wages paid late stuff or are doing currently, it's more the fact of balancing books and paper trail than not having the money to pay them, in all honesty they should have suspended the ffp untill the pandemic was over atleast, the prem will never allow that to happen thow sadly

Doom says at lunchtime they’re ’trying hard’ for a left back and striker.

And on cue the rest of the afternoon is spent watching local journos report we haven’t made a ‘solid’ approach for any of the targets we’re supposedly interested in.

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Doom says at lunchtime they’re ’trying hard’ for a left back and striker.

And on cue the rest of the afternoon is spent watching local journos report we haven’t made a ‘solid’ approach for any of the targets we’re supposedly interested in.

we really are a shambles of a club. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For club in our situation, Conor Grant is a player that could help out a lot. 

Don't think we have another player who can get past defenders with skill and few that are composed on the ball as he is. 

Still it is key that he play regularly, just hope we will resign him on long term deal before alowing him to go out. 

This fella is every bit as talented as Liam Shaw and it would be catastrophic to lose him as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Players not being paid on time

No manager

Three points from safety

Chairman who goes on the war path in public and has a pop at potential managers and former managers

How are we not the most unattractive proposition in the league? No narrative. I’ve just outlined 4 reasons why players might be put off joining us. They’re all valid and reasonable points. 

Instead of trying to score points, why not come up with a list of reasons why you think players want to join Sheffield Wednesday right now? 

Have you stopped to think we may not be chasing anyone at all. There are plenty players would come on fantasy manager. Id stick to playing that.

• Haha 1