Transfer Deadline Day

19 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

High Up above Castleton at Sparrow Pit there is a pub called the 'Unwanted' Can players meet there and sort it out amongst themselves Please ! 

I live round the corner, it’s actually called the wanted inn, not the unwanted and well it’s now called the Olive Tree farm shop 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But I am not hearing of any other teams other than Derby who are in the middle of a takeover not paying their players on time.

FFP or P&S as it now is, is there to stop teams over spending and going beyond their means, DC may not like it but its a system that works, it may be being abuse by those with parachute payments, but how is that any different from a football club getting around the losses rules by selling its ground to a company ultimately owned by its chairman. Until the EFL close the loop holes then these things can happen.

I am pretty sure also that as long as teams can show what the losses from the pandemic are, they are allowed the losses for FFP for this season and last but as we have not bothered to file our financial information for the season before last we cannot use that excuse either.

I'm not privy to the inner working of the accounts unlike you so I cant comment, maybe efl and wensday are still discussing when the stadium sale should be put in etc. Most teams were wages arent been paid may not have that info leaked thow, theres dissatisfaction with chansiri so people do petty stuff, I'd wager that alot more clubs are having issues than reported about but that's a personal guess, you may be right. Of course clubs use loopholes and dodgy handshakes deals, all clubs do it and buissness in general do it, naive to beleive football would be the buissness were this is an exception. Chansiri took a risk on promotion and it didnt pan out, untill the 3years rolling from that decision is gone, we are guna have ffp issues.

6 minutes ago, Travolski said:

I'm not privy to the inner working of the accounts unlike you so I cant comment, maybe efl and wensday are still discussing when the stadium sale should be put in etc. Most teams were wages arent been paid may not have that info leaked thow, theres dissatisfaction with chansiri so people do petty stuff, I'd wager that alot more clubs are having issues than reported about but that's a personal guess, you may be right. Of course clubs use loopholes and dodgy handshakes deals, all clubs do it and buissness in general do it, naive to beleive football would be the buissness were this is an exception. Chansiri took a risk on promotion and it didnt pan out, untill the 3years rolling from that decision is gone, we are guna have ffp issues.

DC took a gamble on promotion in 2016 we are 5 years later and still paying the price.

Forget the 3 years rolling he even fizzed that up too.

• Like 1

Just now, room0035 said:

DC took a gamble on promotion in 2016 we are 5 years later and still paying the price.

Forget the 3 years rolling he even fizzed that up too.

I agree its left us in a state the gamble he took, but I'd have been buzzing if we did had have gone up lol. Yeah 3 year rolling was a bad way of frazing, I just ment when all the contract obligations and fee is finished we can go again then.

44 minutes ago, malek said:

For club in our situation, Conor Grant is a player that could help out a lot. 

Don't think we have another player who can get past defenders with skill and few that are composed on the ball as he is. 

Still it is key that he play regularly, just hope we will resign him on long term deal before alowing him to go out. 

This fella is every bit as talented as Liam Shaw and it would be catastrophic to lose him as well. 

I’d love us to build for tomorrow instead of battling so hard to rekindle yesterday! 

Surely a club in our financial predicament needs to be building a team around Hunt, Shaw, Grant and Penney or at least aiding in their development by getting them out on loan playing real football week in week out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Very quiet last hour.......

Deadline-day transfers

All times GMT

Premier League

16:00: Moises Caicedo [Independiente del Valle - Brighton] Undisclosed

English Football League

16:30: Lukas Jensen [Burnley - Bolton] Loan

16:30: Nnamdi Ofoborh [Bournemouth - Wycombe] Loan

16:15: George Taft [Bolton - Scunthorpe] Free

3 minutes ago, Travolski said:

I agree its left us in a state the gamble he took, but I'd have been buzzing if we did had have gone up lol. Yeah 3 year rolling was a bad way of frazing, I just ment when all the contract obligations and fee is finished we can go again then.

look I have support the owls for over 40 years and in the past we were in the Premier league, we were playing in Europe, we were competing to win the cup and in the past challenging at the top of the league and in all that time we did not have to risk our existence to achieve the goals, we did not have 10 players+ a season being released, we also did not have to sell our stadium to cover the debts built up, we didn't get any fines for breaching leagues rules and we didn't get any points deductions.

There is a whole generation of Owls who think a nearly promotion is the pinnacle of being an Owl. We have been a very good team in the past but this will never happen again if we have people running the club who are so stubborn to realise they do not have a clue what they are doing, They blame everyone and everything when it is clear to the man in the street or in the stands, that the one person who should know what he is doing clearly does not have a clue.

• Like 1

Derby going for quite a few players.... the difference is they have sold one or two this window and are reinventing their squad ? Wonder why we can’t do same oh it involves selling players and having players that are of value .