Transfer Deadline Day

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

2255 move for Wickham is my guess. Not played a game in months, no where near fit. Perfect. 

Palace would have to pay his wages 

Don’t see it 

Last 30 mins........still no Shaw or Grant

Hope to post same at 11pm

English Football League

18:00: Fabio Tavares [Rochdale - Coventry] Undisclosed

18:00: George Evans [Derby - Millwall] Undisclosed

17:45: Adam Phillips [Burnley - Accrington] Loan

17:45: Jamie Proctor [Rotherham - Wigan] Loan

17 minutes ago, Travolski said:

But it doesnt go till there contracts up doesnt it?, so rhodes were still paying for. Iorfa/loungo are good players thow I recon. Plus that doesnt take in to account folk who were brought in to fill the void, I'm not sure the numbers but I'd bet the wage bill is 50% lower once rhodes is gone and all the legacy players on daft wages. Also recently there was word from in the club that we were putting in a more sustainable wage structure for future signings

No real idea how it all works but hooper Boyd abdi fell off start of last season start of this season fletcher ff come off now I would hazard a guess all of those on above 20-30 k a week he’ll of a lot come off last two yrs

Just now, Royal_D said:

Palace would have to pay his wages 

Don’t see it 

Hopefully we dont see it, some fans have an unhealthy obsession with players of old. Hes injured way way too much and is on too big of a wage to only have available 1/4 of a season

Just now, Mick70 said:

No real idea how it all works but hooper Boyd abdi fell off start of last season start of this season fletcher ff come off now I would hazard a guess all of those on above 20-30 k a week he’ll of a lot come off last two yrs

Yep, hopefully we will see that diffrence in transfers at begging of next season if were still in championship, can work a more sustainable model. Glad we have a new recruitment team thow, abdi/rhodes gota be some of worst signings we've made.

52 minutes ago, Travolski said:

I dont think it's a pinicle at all, it's just been the closest we have come in a long time. If it was me I'd have invested long term like a brentford or ajax, developing talent and a top notch training facility. Problem is your coming from this with a fans perspective, the chairman doesnt, to him it's a buissness and like most businessmen want instant gratification, that's why they went spendagedon or bust. Chansiri seems to have alterd his approach lately thow with looking for a new dof and scouting/recruitment team, new fans outreach program thing and buying younger players with a chance of resale value. If your guna criticise him thow you have to use logical consistency. Problem is thow when folk say every one can see it, nobody has anything riding on there suggestions in hindsight, I didnt hear many people complaining about spendagedon at the time 🤷‍♂️

That's does not make much sense.

He's a businessman without any plan and he's now investing in youth but could be letting the brightest youth we have had leave because he continues to not value youth.

As for spendagedon, we spent more in the 90's the only difference then was most of the arrivals were internationals not journeyman looking for one last pay day.

• Like 1