Transfer Deadline Day

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Remember when we were all asked whether we wanted extortionate ticket prices in exchange for signing high quality players? 

..and then asked for refunds.

5 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Derby going for quite a few players.... the difference is they have sold one or two this window and are reinventing their squad ? Wonder why we can’t do same oh it involves selling players and having players that are of value . 

Derby couldn't pay their players until a couple of days ago. It's called a rich new owner. 

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

look I have support the owls for over 40 years and in the past we were in the Premier league, we were playing in Europe, we were competing to win the cup and in the past challenging at the top of the league and in all that time we did not have to risk our existence to achieve the goals, we did not have 10 players+ a season being released, we also did not have to sell our stadium to cover the debts built up, we didn't get any fines for breaching leagues rules and we didn't get any points deductions.

There is a whole generation of Owls who think a nearly promotion is the pinnacle of being an Owl. We have been a very good team in the past but this will never happen again if we have people running the club who are so stubborn to realise they do not have a clue what they are doing, They blame everyone and everything when it is clear to the man in the street or in the stands, that the one person who should know what he is doing clearly does not have a clue.

It's Chansiri's stubbornness which will see us in the Third.

• Like 3

I’ve never been so confident of us doing absolutely no business on deadline day than I am this time 

I don’t think we’re in any position at all to be convincing clubs to do deals and players to sign,  Hutchinson has only come back for the love of the club/fans 

Buck stops with the Chairman and Amadeu,  I think we all know it’s more than likely going to cost us our championship status if there isn’t a couple of signings before the deadline 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fantastic business from Derby in the circumstances. Two players who would improve us in Roberts and Gregory.

Meanwhile at Wednesday....

Gregory is a shocking player. I would rather play Cameron Dawson up front .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Gregory is a shocking player. I would rather play Cameron Dawson up front .

He offers something we don’t have up front at the moment. Can hold it up and add a bit of size.

The only out and out forwards we have at the moment are Rhodes and Marriott. Reckon they’re good enough? 

6 minutes ago, Minton said:

Derby couldn't pay their players until a couple of days ago. It's called a rich new owner. 

That probably right they’ve also sold one to Liverpool and one to Swansea we struggle to give em away? Also thought even with new owners you still had to go by previous accounts ? Anyway doesn’t matter we ain’t signing anyone and that ladies and gentlemen will probably be the final nail in the coffin barring any late deals or managing to fluke enough 1-0 wins 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I know nothing’s going to happen, but I’ll still be disappointed when 11pm rolls past and my fears are confirmed.

And I’m fed up of being disappointed the whole time supporting this club lately.

What’s Jacob Butterfield up to these days?

Surely you can't be feeling WTF:that low you would consider bringing Buttercup back 

• Haha 1

I suspect the only way we’d have got anybody in today was reliant on getting shut of Rhodes to Cardiff.

We will be going with what we’ve got now so clean sheets and nicking a goal from set pieces are our only hope of getting out of the mire.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He offers something we don’t have up front at the moment. Can hold it up and add a bit of size.

The only out and out forwards we have at the moment are Rhodes and Marriott. Reckon they’re good enough? 

Nope

But Gregory no better than those two .

We need a wild card up there. Either a unit like Nuhiu was , or someone quick