Give Thompson the job

I suggested letting Thompson have the job until the end of the season, and then appoint a full time head coach.

I got pelters.

I still think the same by the way - give him the job until the end of the season, alongside Bullen.   But then recruit properly giving a new man a full pre-season.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Best run of results we've had in a long time in dire circumstances. A "name" at this stage won't make a difference IMO. He's doing a good job. I'd take an unassuming man in charge ala Stuart Grey vs a "name" like Coleman or Pulis or Monk. 

I think it's a massive risk. We've ridden our luck in some of those games.

Nothing against him, but I would prefer a manager / head coach with a bit of experience. (That assumes DC makes a sensible choice, of course......)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Best run of results we've had in a long time in dire circumstances. A "name" at this stage won't make a difference IMO. He's doing a good job. I'd take an unassuming man in charge ala Stuart Grey vs a "name" like Coleman or Pulis or Monk. 

i couldn’t think of a worse appointment than Coleman. Awful, awful manager. 

Thompson until the summer would be fine. Clarity would be nice though! 

I will continue to say he lacks the experience for the job. He most certainly needs to be given a prominent role in the club, he is a class act.

Everyone, DC, Alonso, Cook, Shaw, and all the flouncers on here need to take a second and admire the dignity with which he conducts himself. He is an absolute class act, never being drawn and continuing to focus on the important things.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Might as well.

No one going to come in time to get their own players in and change things around.

Club not going to turn around until DC does things differently so doesn't matter too much who is manager.

Thompson's record is good despite poor poor game v Coventry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1