Give Thompson the job

10 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

After the Coventry game it was WE NEED A MANAGER!

After a win it's GIVE HIM THE JOBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Fact is we should have had a manager in place already, absolutely criminal what's happened.

We’ve got a manager. I wanted Cook but what’s this man done wrong? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

I just don't see any point in bringing anyone new in at this stage. They won't be able to affect anything until it's too late. No time in the training ground and no ability to change personell.

We just need to let Thompson take it to the end of the season and reasess when we have a better idea of the conditions a new manager will have to work under.

This ^^. He’s done nothing wrong. There are no guarantees either way, new man or existing. 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Which is enough evidence to show why Thompson should be kept in and not to bother looking until a

a) we know what league we're in next season 

b) hopefully some sort of resolution re Chansiri and the state of the club is reached.

We need to get the next managerial appointment right. Do we really want another Jos, Monk or Pulis? Now, ask yourself... do you truly believe in your heart of hearts that we will make the right managerial appointment over the next two weeks?

Give Thompson the job. It's not worth another go on the managerial merry-go-round for the tiny odds we manage to pick one of The Usual Suspects out that lasts more than a year.

And if we get relegated everyone will be saying we should have brought a manager in.... swings and roundabouts.

Absolutely blinded by euphoria if you think we played well today.
We don't create anything and again lucky we didn't get punished

The story says it all the back 3 were our best players on the pitch.

Before today everyone was saying how we need to get a manager in and how negative the tactics were.

A win and he's now the messiah.

So you think we should limp on this season with Thompson in charge to then at the end of the season make a decision based on what league we are in?

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

That Coventry performance is a big worry though, we can’t afford many more like that. 

We have had our best spell under him. He talks well and you can see players wanting to do well for him.

• Like 1

Would be the wrong decision to give NT the mangers job. He has brought positivity to the club to his credit. This could just be because he isn’t Monk or Pulis. He is giving the players licence to express themselves as with Shaw and Palmers goals. But he simply is not the answer. The performances have been poor. The approach is defensive and negative. Selections have been strange. Substitutions have been very poor. Going forward, there’s nothing in his CV to say he can rebuild the team and he’s not likely to attract any players. 
As for Monk, Pulis, Coleman. Completely wrong choices also. It’s time to start looking at the bigger picture. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

After the Coventry game it was WE NEED A MANAGER!

After a win it's GIVE HIM THE JOBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Fact is we should have had a manager in place already, absolutely criminal what's happened.

We did, and do need a manager.  I think we all hoped after the Coventry mess it would spur DC into action.  But its becoming pretty obvious DC can't get someone in with every passing day, for whatever reason.

After today, and our reasonable home form, might just be better the devil we know for us at the moment with Thompson.

Just now, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

So you think we should limp on this season with Thompson in charge to then at the end of the season make a decision based on what league we are in?

I really think you're misreading me. I am in no way blinded by euphoria. 

I'm grimly accepting that this is the best we can do. It's not going to be any better with a new manager. We're currently 8th in the form table over the four games Thompson has been in charge.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Best run of results we've had in a long time in dire circumstances. A "name" at this stage won't make a difference IMO. He's doing a good job. I'd take an unassuming man in charge ala Stuart Grey vs a "name" like Coleman or Pulis or Monk. 

I can smell the 'not fit for purpose' brigade getting the their crayons sharpened....but you're right, NT for me as well - and if anyone thinks DC picked that team, they're wrong.  He would have no idea the U was a left back in the making. MoM or what?  

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I really think you're misreading me. I am in no way blinded by euphoria. 

I'm grimly accepting that this is the best we can do. It's not going to be any better with a new manager. We're currently 8th in the form table over the four games Thompson has been in charge.

We haven't played any better though have we? we've rode our luck massively in those wins.
Even vs Exeter we could have been 2-0 down inside 10 minutes and how we got 3 points against Derby i will never know.

I'm not saying you specifically, it's not like we've suddenly changed our tactics and are performing better  we still are not creating chances.

If it's the best we can do then we are simply f*cked and it's all down to one person.

Not for one minute having a dig at Thompson because he's been thrown under the bus but we should be looking to appoint a manager.

1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

People saying he doesn't have the experience 

He's made pulis and monk look a reyt set of mugs 

They didn’t need any help from NT to look like mugs. They should never have been appointed Two of the worst managers in our 150 year history. Outperforming those 2 is not in any way an u indication that NT is the right man to take the club forward. Please ask yourself honestly, “If NT was caretaker manager at any other club, would you honestly want him to come her as our permanent  manager ? 

3 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

They didn’t need any help from NT to look like mugs. They should never have been appointed Two of the worst managers in our 150 year history. Outperforming those 2 is not in any way an u indication that NT is the right man to take the club forward. Please ask yourself honestly, “If NT was caretaker manager at any other club, would you honestly want him to come her as our permanent  manager ? 

Not about ‘ taking club forward ‘ right now. It’s about somehow putting enough points on board this season to stay up. 20 odd games . So far so good in that regard.  Confirm to end of season and crack on 

Guest mrbluesky
48 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Best run of results we've had in a long time in dire circumstances. A "name" at this stage won't make a difference IMO. He's doing a good job. I'd take an unassuming man in charge ala Stuart Grey vs a "name" like Coleman or Pulis or Monk. 

I'm inclined to agree, only for the depressing reason that they know each (chairman), and no matter who comes in they are on a hiding to nothing.

Chansiri you absolute pillock!

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

He has no experience of managing at this level or a relegation battle though. Last time Bullen did the job we had 9 points from 6 games but few wanted him to carry on much longer. 

Today was good, Wednesday night was awful, Boro was decent, Derby was pretty fortunate. 

If we are going to give it him then do it now and give him some assurance, having umpteen names linked and dragging it out is not helpful. 

It's mind blowing how people are saying give it him till the end of the season how is that a positive??

We've got the chance to bring someone in permanently to assess the current squad and sort player contracts out.

Or be back to square 1 in the summer of being without a manager and bringing someone in with a handful of players saying "here do you're best with that lot"

• Like 1