Give Thompson the job

2 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

It's mind blowing how people are saying give it him till the end of the season how is that a positive??

We've got the chance to bring someone in permanently to assess the current squad and sort player contracts out.

Or be back to square 1 in the summer of being without a manager and bringing someone in with a handful of players saying "here do you're best with that lot"

fair point. One I agree with I think. I would like us to get someone in now for the long term not just a few months. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

People saying he doesn't have the experience 

He's made pulis and monk look a reyt set of mugs 

To be fair most had Monk's number for around 8 months before he finally went. Pulis lack of impact was a surprise and Thompson has done a good job in the circumstances but it just seems temporary, like it was with Bullen. Has he even said he would like the job? 

After Wednesday night is there a single person on here who might have expected anything from today's game

NT deserves some credit under very difficult circumstances

I like how previously casted players are coming back into the frame

There seems to be an element of unity that was previously missing

The club is undergoing a massive restructure, the high earners are going to be a thing of the past

Back to basics with a back to basics no non-sense manager

Works for me

Guest Grandad

Happily take Thompson till the end of the season coupled with the Chairman going back into the background and shutting the **** up 

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

fair point. One I agree with I think. I would like us to get someone in now for the long term not just a few months. 

We've been hammering the club for not having a long term vision and plan.

We've got several players running out of contract at the end of the season.
Suddenly it's now a good time for a short term appointment?

It's a load of nonsense and absolutely ridiculous, panicking at it's finest.

Why give a new manager just the summer to get to know his players (whichever ones are still here) when he can have the rest of the season and sort out those contracts and plan ahead not be one step behind all the time!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

We've been hammering the club for not having a long term vision and plan.

We've got several players running out of contract at the end of the season.
Suddenly it's now a good time for a short term appointment?

It's a load of nonsense and absolutely ridiculous, panicking at it's finest.

Why give a new manager just the summer to get to know his players (whichever ones are still here) when he can have the rest of the season and sort out those contracts and plan ahead not be one step behind all the time!

I think that's where I am with it and that's why Thompson puts me off. 

He might not even want it and would perhaps prefer to continue at u23 level. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

But it was hideous football, like really bad. 

The rule is that caretaker managers don’t make good managers. Gray did well with what he had to work with. He was a good man, a football man but he shouldn’t be used as an example of why NT would work. NT should not be our next manager. 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

The rule is that caretaker managers don’t make good managers. Gray did well with what he had to work with. He was a good man, a football man but he shouldn’t be used as an example of why NT would work. NT should not be our next manager. 

Very much so. 

I would’ve given it to Paul Cook but there’s an argument whether a new manager would be able to get more out of these group of players? We are a very limited group. Aim is to get the first goal and defend. If we don’t get the first goal, we are screwed.

One thing for sure, Tomo is doing a miles better job of playing this way than Pulis. At least we are further up the pitch and we aren’t going with a 5-4-1 like we were doing under Pulis. 

I wish NT all the best. Sometimes you unearth a gem, and I’d love to think he’s one, (like the Blunts did with CW), but he’d done his apprenticeship at the lower levels for years. NT lacks experience and if we get it wrong there’s no time to recover this season.  There’s a difference in coaching 20 year olds that want to learn,  to dealing with 30 year old journey men that have seen it all before. We should have had someone lined up before Pulis went but now just drift on. I think we will have NT to the end of the season, and I hope I’m wrong but lose 2 on the bounce and his name will be mud on here. Poison chalice or what.