Give Thompson the job

I just don't see any point in bringing anyone new in at this stage. They won't be able to affect anything until it's too late. No time in the training ground and no ability to change personell.

We just need to let Thompson take it to the end of the season and reasess when we have a better idea of the conditions a new manager will have to work under.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Barnwood62 said:

You must be joking did you watch that dross against Coventry

Yep. One bad performance in the league out of a possible four/five. A better ratio than we've been subject to recently. 

End of the day, we have dross playing, sometimes the natural dross will shine through whether it's Pep or Jos in charge. 

You don't really want a "name" like Coleman in. You think you do... it's easy to look at Thompson and dismiss him as manager material. And I agree, long term heck no. But I can almost guarantee the alternative "established" managers would still oversee performances as shocking as the Coventry one more than once between now and the end of the season. As Thompson will inevitably do too.

• Like 2

He seems to have got something out of the team so would we want to upset things at the moment. Let’s get to the end of the season, make sure we have a manager in place for then and that guy can be the one to try and take us in the right direction. Thompson and the players have one job now - avoid relegation - getting in a new coach who wants to instill his “philosophy” wouldn’t be the best timing IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Yep. One bad performance in the league out of a possible four/five. A better ratio than we've been subject to recently. 

Clearly didn't watch the Derby game👀😂

We've been poor and it's literally papering over the cracks

Yes it's a good win and a solid 3 points today but again we hardly created anything and the stand out performers were the back 3 who were superb.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

That Coventry performance is a big worry though, we can’t afford many more like that. 

Yes but we had loads like that under Pulis and Monk so there's nothing to be gained swapping Thompson out.

18 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Best run of results we've had in a long time in dire circumstances. A "name" at this stage won't make a difference IMO. He's doing a good job. I'd take an unassuming man in charge ala Stuart Grey vs a "name" like Coleman or Pulis or Monk. 

Font forget 4 of the 5 wins have come at Hillsborough, we need to start getting results away now 

1 minute ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Fact is we should have had a manager in place already, absolutely criminal what's happened.

Which is enough evidence to show why Thompson should be kept in and not to bother looking until a

a) we know what league we're in next season 

b) hopefully some sort of resolution re Chansiri and the state of the club is reached.

We need to get the next managerial appointment right. Do we really want another Jos, Monk or Pulis? Now, ask yourself... do you truly believe in your heart of hearts that we will make the right managerial appointment over the next two weeks?

Give Thompson the job. It's not worth another go on the managerial merry-go-round for the tiny odds we manage to pick one of The Usual Suspects out that lasts more than a year.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Which is enough evidence to show why Thompson should be kept in and not to bother looking until a

a) we know what league we're in next season 

b) hopefully some sort of resolution re Chansiri and the state of the club is reached.

We need to get the next managerial appointment right. Do we really want another Jos, Monk or Pulis? Now, ask yourself... do you truly believe in your heart of hearts that we will make the right managerial appointment over the next two weeks?

Give Thompson the job. It's not worth another go on the managerial merry-go-round for the tiny odds we manage to pick one of The Usual Suspects out that lasts more than a year.

I agree but it's s desperate situation to be in isn't it with Chansiri making the decisions !

The thing is I now think we should give it to Thompson - any new manager it will take months to get around how “our club works & the mysterious powers” Thompson understands the club the culture and most of all the players 

Ok it might not be pretty but we are grinding out results with him at the helm

19 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Best run of results we've had in a long time in dire circumstances. A "name" at this stage won't make a difference IMO. He's doing a good job. I'd take an unassuming man in charge ala Stuart Grey vs a "name" like Coleman or Pulis or Monk. 

It’s a results business and there’s no time for a new man to bring in and bed new players. 

Football is a simple game and Thompson has put round pegs in round holes, well organised and worked hard today. 

I haven’t watched the last two games but though we did well today.