The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Looking in West Broms team and academy for loans. Surely with Moore's strong connections and the fact Deon Burton is their under23 manager you'd think we'd be looking. The keeper Alex Palmer is still there, he played every game for Lincoln last season in the team that was successful. He's still at least 3rd choice behind Johnstone and Button. Someone called Finn Azaz played 40 games on loan at Cheltenham and was impressive by all accounts. 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Looking in West Broms team and academy for loans. Surely with Moore's strong connections and the fact Deon Burton is their under23 manager you'd think we'd be looking. The keeper Alex Palmer is still there, he played every game for Lincoln last season in the team that was successful. He's still at least 3rd choice behind Johnstone and Button. Someone called Finn Azaz played 40 games on loan at Cheltenham and was impressive by all accounts. 

good shout that 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

200 games in league one and championship i didnt include all the premier league games he has played.

As for the 30+ argument hes a goal keeper 32/33 is like an outfield player of 26 in goal keepers.

Thats because the Premier League games don't exist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Just seen Sean Clare has signed for Charlton. When did that happen? Guaranteed he scores in the upcoming game 

couple of weeks ago i think i first saw it.

he will score a brace, get MoM and then have a stinker of a season!

44 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not just me that can’t find it then? So 200 games at 32 year old. And people are slagging off the signing of hunt? Our fans baffle me at times.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, 0742 said:

Yeah, that bit in bold, that's not how it works. A club's wage budget is usually set in stone, what's fluid about it is how it is apportioned, which depends on who's available.  

Funny that from everything said by Moore we would have never known he was looking for a right back.

Guess with minimal funds being available by the owner, as we now have to be sustainable, it makes it even more a strange decision to sign a right back and deplete the budget.

Unless Moore knows Palmer is leaving. Maybe he's not leaving but Moore fancies putting him on the left or as a central defender.

We can speculate but we don't know what is going on at the club like Moore does.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

I've been saying about loaning palmer for last couple of months he had a really good season last year

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Only issue with fielding is he’s not particularly tall at 5ft 11 for a keeper 

Thats fine Dawson and Wildsmith are taller but not particularly that good.

Englands No is only 6ft 1 if you good enough height does not matter. But if the only reason for not wanting him is his height then you must be struggling.😆😆😆😆😆

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

I think we are but it's just that the EFL have to sign it off.

I'm just going by the Yorkshire Live report, which said:

It was confirmed by the English Football League that the Owls are no longer under a transfer embargo and can now bring in some much-needed reinforcements.

But Wednesday are still operating under some restrictions imposed by the EFL. Yorkshire Live can reveal the Owls can't pay any transfer fees this summer and are only permitted to sign players on a free or loan.

I do much prefer your version, though! Hopefully you're right, but what are you basing it on?

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-transfer-restrictions-recruitment-21012807

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Started his career at Blackburn in the premier league for 4 years but didnt play my mistake.

Still 360 career appearance and 117 clean sheets over a full season that averages about 17 clean sheets.

Not bad for a free agent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Thats fine Dawson and Wildsmith are taller but not particularly that good.

Englands No is only 6ft 1 if you good enough height does not matter. But if the only reason for not wanting him is his height then you must be struggling.😆😆😆😆😆

oh didn’t say I don’t want him to sign , was just merely pointing it out regarding height , personally think it would a solid signing 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm just going by the Yorkshire Live report, which said:

It was confirmed by the English Football League that the Owls are no longer under a transfer embargo and can now bring in some much-needed reinforcements.

But Wednesday are still operating under some restrictions imposed by the EFL. Yorkshire Live can reveal the Owls can't pay any transfer fees this summer and are only permitted to sign players on a free or loan.

I do much prefer your version, though! Hopefully you're right, but what are you basing it on?

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-transfer-restrictions-recruitment-21012807

Sorry I thought I had read it somewhere. Must have been wishful thinking on my part 😂.

• Thanks 1