The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

We keep the squad together and have no more off the field issues you have to expect a top six finish. Moore is a very good coach who knows what he is doing.  And the four players we have signed so far should all be good at this level.  

If after 3 games we have 1 point I may change my tune. but at the moment I don't see a reason not to be optimistic giving the fact we have a decent manager for this divison and some of the best players playing for us in it.

Agreed but I think have 10 games you can really see what sort of season lies ahead, that is my usual criteria. You have to give allowance for players to gel etc.We also need to remember window doesn't close until end of August, expecting a couple of loans from PL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

We keep the squad together and have no more off the field issues you have to expect a top six finish. Moore is a very good coach who knows what he is doing.  And the four players we have signed so far should all be good at this level.  

If after 3 games we have 1 point I may change my tune. but at the moment I don't see a reason not to be optimistic giving the fact we have a decent manager for this divison and some of the best players playing for us in it.

I don't think we have the forwards to expect a top-six finish as things stand. Windass aside, there's no real quality up there, and he could do with a proper centre forward to play off, too. Obviously we're looking to recruit a striker or two, but for me, as last season, a lot depends on who we bring in up front.

And then there's the elephant in the room, which is that off-field issues are almost a given with Chansiri at the helm.

• Like 1

6 in an ideal world for me.

Goalkeeper - desperate for one. High priority. BPF seems out of reach. Would take Fielding, Blackman or Betinelli on frees.

Centre back - Borner departure imminent. Opoku on loan or go back in for Bola. Both left footed so fit the bill. Connor Oglivile would be the perfect option. 

Centre mid - Just for cover. Bannan could be off and relying on Luongo to stay fit is a big ask. Depth is poor. Like the look of George Byers and would like us to bring him in.

Winger - Another creative option. Perhaps one of Uwakwe or Jasper on loan if they impress. Josh Sims still available.

Striker X2 - huge area of importance. Target man and pacy option needed. Target man I’d take Gregory or Vokes from Stoke. Would love that Hudlin lad from Solihull but reckon he would cost a fee. And use the loan market, Adam Idah, Tyrece John Jules both seem realistic options. Jerome Sinclair is on a free, not lived up to expectations but could be worth a punt if desperate

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't think we have the forwards to expect a top-six finish as things stand. Windass aside, there's no real quality up there, and he could do with a proper centre forward to play off, too. Obviously we're looking to recruit a striker or two, but for me, as last season, a lot depends on who we bring in up front.

And then there's the elephant in the room, which is that off-field issues are almost a given with Chansiri at the helm.

I am expecting Paterson to play centre forward for us this season if he stays and be quite good at it in this division. But agree we do need other options 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I am expecting Paterson to play centre forward for us this season if he stays and be quite good at it in this division. But agree we do need other options 

He looks like he should be a centre forward, but he never seems to win a great deal in the air or hold it up particularly well, does he? 

I feel like we're still waiting for something to click with Paterson and he could become an absolute beast. Let's hope so, eh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He looks like he should be a centre forward, but he never seems to win a great deal in the air or hold it up particularly well, does he? 

I feel like we're still waiting for something to click with Paterson and he could become an absolute beast. Let's hope so, eh?

He does like to be in the box though and if we get balls into it, which Hunt, Shodipo and Bannan should do he will get on the end of a few of them. 

He is definitely more suited to this level as a striker then the level above put it that way. Think he will be well up for all the battles with the centre backs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And our squad depth is poor. A few injuries and we’re done for. Asking a full Wednesday 11 to be injury free all season is like me going out with Scarlett Johansson. Never going to happen.

She told me to keep it quiet.

Ooops. Me and my big mouth.