The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Frank Fielding is currently a free agent 32 year old former Derby, Bristol city keeper over 200 appearances at league one and championship level and would be both within our budget and an improvement on what we have.

But this is Wednesday, we will pay £300k for the lad from Burnley then cover his £18k a week wages too, then say we have no budget left for anyone else such as a striker.

It's really not that complicated, this not being allowed to pay any fees for players thing.

54 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Not a fan of BPF for 300k. Seems like a waste of our limited money and obviously he would go straight back to Burnley if he is successful. Obviously this is the reality of loan deals now, most have some sort of fee. Especially from the Prem teams. 

Agree, in this market where fees are scarce, can buy a GK rather than loan one for that, if necessary and paying fees. 

Just hope we haven't wasted all summer waiting for a GK we perhaps knew was unattainable and replace that interest with a panic signing. 

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

The keeper Walton on loan from Brighton would have been good enough, but maybe they want a loan fee too.  I notice he was an unused sub in their friendly yesterday and two other goalkeepers were used instead 

Luton-bound apparently. Would be great if we could beat them to it.

Wouldn't be surprised if we pick up a Championship / Premier league youth player with a year left on their deal for a nominal fee. The bosmans and senior loans appear to be drying up. 

1 hour ago, agentwalker said:

I'd say large indoor events such as night clubs where their all packed in like sardines yes. 

Open air events like football stadiums probably not so much.

But organisers can do what they want, personally at Wednesday they should

announce that you don't needed a jab so you attend at your own risk.

People in the art risk category should be offered a socially distances area.

Anyone else with a session ticket who still isn't happy should be offered with a refund it an alternative iFollow pass.

screw you all and your mocking 🙂

delte admins , wrong thread

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I assume that's approximately 300,000 times our entire transfer budget, so I fully expect Dejphon to be balls deep into that deal by lunchtime. 

300k Could be what Borner is going for (if he goes).

38 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

It's really not that complicated, this not being allowed to pay any fees for players thing.

Indeed but has anyone told DC. To spend close to a month linked with Peacock Farrell and no one checked if there was a loan fee. Which would count us out of the running.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Not a fan of BPF for 300k. Seems like a waste of our limited money and obviously he would go straight back to Burnley if he is successful. Obviously this is the reality of loan deals now, most have some sort of fee. Especially from the Prem teams. 

Its the really of loaning players from premier league clubs but some on here think that where we should get all our players from. They get £100m for finishing last then £100m over 4 years in failure payments, but to loan players they charge a fortune, then put clauses in the loans if their players are not picked in every game.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Looking at free agents in all positions. These guys are all still available and would improve the squad. 

GK Jamal Blackman, Josh Sims RM, Jerome Sinclair RW/ST, Dan Crowley AM, Sam Baldock ST, Paul Mullin ST, Conor Ogilvie CB.

Yes Mullin has signed for Wrexham Hollywood.

Our options for available strikers are running out fast.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Frank Fielding is currently a free agent 32 year old former Derby, Bristol city keeper over 200 appearances at league one and championship level and would be both within our budget and an improvement on what we have.

But this is Wednesday, we will pay £300k for the lad from Burnley then cover his £18k a week wages too, then say we have no budget left for anyone else such as a striker.

I thought we shouldn’t be signing 30 plus players anymore. And one that’s only played 200 games at 32 year old. Obviously a pax’s signing

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I thought we shouldn’t be signing 30 plus players anymore. And one that’s only played 200 games at 32 year old. Obviously a pax’s signing

200 games in league one and championship i didnt include all the premier league games he has played.

As for the 30+ argument hes a goal keeper 32/33 is like an outfield player of 26 in goal keepers.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Ellis Simms still not gone anywhere on loan from Everton. I could see him going to the Championship but you never know. 

You would think Everton's plan for his development would be for him to step up to a loan in the championship after a season in League one.

Logically you would think he would have another season at Blackpool. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yes Mullin has signed for Wrexham Hollywood.

Our options for available strikers are running out fast.

Indeed a lot of good free agent, low wage player missed out on while we wait for premier leagues loans for players we cannot afford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Simms would be great on loan, John jules mentioned before, be plenty in championship who we could get on loan .

connor Chaplin - Barnsley

Huddersfield- Danny ward 

Hull - Tom eaves 

luton - Elliot lee / Danny hylton- adebayo 

millwall - Tom Bradshaw 

Preston - Sean Maguire 

Stoke - lee Gregory 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

200 games in league one and championship i didnt include all the premier league games he has played.

As for the 30+ argument hes a goal keeper 32/33 is like an outfield player of 26 in goal keepers.

I’m perhaps missing something here, but just looked on wiki and can’t see where he played in the premier league?