The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

If by one of those, you mean i don't post things like 'strawman' when i have no clue about debating, then yes, i am. 

I'm more than happy to change my mind too, but as yet, literally nobody has provided any discussion as to why my points and opinion should be changed. I don't think with how the club currently is, that we should have signed Hunt. I think it's poor management of what is limited resources. I understand people may think differently.

However, look at the responses i'v had on here, 90% is an attack on me, rather than debating the point. I think that you have also proved that it's not about discussion for you, with your constant 'testicles' diatribe. maybe try engaging on a higher level than that and we can have some decent discussion, rather than the pond level most seem to want to bring.

Whilst I agree with much of what you’ve said on Hunt, I also think that with large rebuilds like we are almost certainly going through, bringing in players that are fairly consistent, proven and have been in area/here before makes sense. 

I see the Hunt signing as a steady Eddie type signing. Really doesn’t excite me, he’s not really going to let you down though and frees up Palmer to play in other positions or be sold if there is genuine interest. I don’t believe there’s much between the two, their stats last season are pretty similar despite Hunt having a better team and more consistent position to play. 

But for every gamble we take in transfer market we probably need a few players that are more tried and tested. The fact he’s come in under the EFL restrictions means he’s probably earning a sensible salary too. 

16 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Like I said earlier, the key signings will be more difficult to make so we may need to wait until nearer the end of the window,

sadly.

Dawodu will not be in Moore’s plans this season and Iorfa should be used solely at centre back which is his best position by a mile. 

Hunt will provide competition at right back, will also be excellent at wing back should we play this formation as well. 

We are looking short in areas but I’m confident Moore will address it. Left sided centre half, 2 central strikers, quality winger and keeper are priorities. 

It will be interesting to see who we bring in up top. I really do think this area will be a difficult one to address. 

That’s a very upbeat post and I 100% hope it pans out.

At the same time, all the evidence of the last few years points to a more likely scenario that we (DC) comes up well short of what we all think is required. 

Just now, 0742 said:

If by one of those, you mean i don't post things like 'strawman' when i have no clue about debating, then yes, i am. 

I'm more than happy to change my mind too, but as yet, literally nobody has provided any discussion as to why my points and opinion should be changed. I don't think with how the club currently is, that we should have signed Hunt. I think it's poor management of what is limited resources. I understand people may think differently.

However, look at the responses i'v had on here, 90% is an attack on me, rather than debating the point. I think that you have also proved that it's not about discussion for you, with your constant 'testicles' diatribe. maybe try engaging on a higher level than that and we can have some decent discussion, rather than the pond level most seem to want to bring.

People have pointed out to you over and over again that you have absolutely no idea what our resources are or what Hunt is being paid, that we needed a right wing-back because we don't have anyone comfortable in that role, that Palmer has no backup anyway other than an untested academy kid because anyone else that can fill in is needed elsewhere, that it isn't going to make any difference to whether or not we sign a striker and a goalkeeper, that Moore has already said he is after two strikers and a goalkeeper, etc etc.

None of which you have engaged with, preferring to insinuate the player and manager are liars, swing at strawmen about signing Hunt preventing us from signing a striker, and play the victim when people finally tire of your irritating shithousery.

If you think you have a higher level, by all means try using it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

We’ve got one here. 

The irony! You carry on with your high school level insults and keep looking insecure. Absolute joke of a persona you've tried to create on here!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

The irony! You carry on with your high school level insults and keep looking insecure. Absolute joke of a persona you've tried to create on here!

Can you stop getting personal. It’s starting to upset me. Cheers. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

That’s a very upbeat post and I 100% hope it pans out.

At the same time, all the evidence of the last few years points to a more likely scenario that we (DC) comes up well short of what we all think is required. 

Ye, I’m not deluded and that could happen as well. But…Moore does seem like he’s in charge of recruitment and I’m sure he knows what we need to bring in. The central strikers will prove difficult. Every club wants them, they cost and maybe these will be done right at the end of the window, at such time we are 5 games into the season. So, it’s not ideal planning at all. But this is the situation we find ourselves in, not for the first time! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

People have pointed out to you over and over again that you have absolutely no idea what our resources are or what Hunt is being paid, that we needed a right wing-back because we don't have anyone comfortable in that role, that Palmer has no backup anyway other than an untested academy kid because anyone else that can fill in is needed elsewhere, that it isn't going to make any difference to whether or not we sign a striker and a goalkeeper, that Moore has already said he is after two strikers and a goalkeeper, etc etc.

None of which you have engaged with, preferring to insinuate the player and manager are liars, swing at strawmen about signing Hunt preventing us from signing a striker, and play the victim when people finally tire of your irritating shithousery.

If you think you have a higher level, by all means try using it.

haha what an absolute load of testicles. Not even worth engaging with anymore.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Can you stop getting personal. It’s starting to upset me. Cheers. 

It's ok fella, i'm only attacking your online persona. At any time you can adopt a new one. 

14 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Jerome Opoku been told. Centre half from Fulham. Probably loan. Let’s see.

Opoku and Iorfa in defence....who needs a keeper.

I do like tall defenders with speed and long legs. You can't beat them in the air, you can't beat them for speed and they can tackle you from half a pitch away. Get it done.

• Love 1

Well the mass debate of the last few pages managed to waste a quarter of an hour of my life. Thanks people.

I was considering trapping my testicles in a vice and tightening it until it hurt. At least I avoided doing that.

It was a close call which would have been more pleasurable.lol

• Haha 4

I think someone has anger issues. The opening line to one of my favourite songs

” once upon a time my advice to you, would have been go out and find yourself a *****”.

Might be good advice 😀

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Common sense post alert 

People moaning about wasting wages on Hunt, it’s similar to those who complain about the order we get the signings in.  “Why have we signed a defender when we need a striker more desperately?”.. 

Man Utd “Hey sancho we really want to sign you but we need to announce the signing of a defender first or our fans will lose their sh*t, can you wait another week?”  Sancho “err no”.  Man Utd “ok fair enough”. 

It took Man Utd 2 years to sign Sancho i think you might be wrong that they have not signed anyone since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

The difference between us and Man Utd is that they have a massive budget, one of the highest in worldwide sport, nevermind football.

And the fact we have suffered for the past 2/3 years after signing players we didn't need on big money. A one year deal makes me feel better about it, but people are rightly going to question signing a RB when we already have 3 that can play there, after we have just been relegated in huge part to stupid recruitment decisions.

I think if he has signed a one year deal, as once again nothing about contract length was mentioned anywhere in his arrival, it could be the EFL doing the same to us, as the stipulation in place with Derby County.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think if he has signed a one year deal, as once again nothing about contract length was mentioned anywhere in his arrival, it could be the EFL doing the same to us, as the stipulation in place with Derby County.

I think he said on the Radio Sheffield interview it was a one year deal with an option for a second year.

• Thanks 1

Just now, room0035 said:

One year deal with an option of another if promoted hunt said it himself in an interview. You have made some valid points and history of last few seasons prove we probably won’t get in who we want and when we want them in? But until it happens and especially as no one as any idea of budget or targets then the whole argument ( debate) will rumble on till then ? If we are under restrictions and say most we can pay is £10k a week they’ll have the targets of £10k lined up? No good looking at £12-20k if you ain’t allowed to sign them? So budget already put to one side. Just saying ? And time will tell but the way moore seems to be in charge gives me more hope than before with a certain someone in the background pulling the strings .....oh and it’ll be a few transfer windows before total rebuild will be finished