The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

39 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He looks like he should be a centre forward, but he never seems to win a great deal in the air or hold it up particularly well, does he? 

I feel like we're still waiting for something to click with Paterson and he could become an absolute beast. Let's hope so, eh?

He's not got the forwards instincts for that game. He is a poacher but just doesn't know how to make space or run the angles. He's not good at winning the ball in the air or shielding it. What he gives is maximum effort without technical skills.

Better than nothing but he's better used coming from midfield.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Patterson hasn’t shown much in the way of hold up play, or being able to play off a defenders shoulder. He’s useful in the box though, and got a decent footballing brain on him, quite good link up play. I recon he’s got enough about him to do well in this league, but wouldn’t expect him to get more than 10 goals. Still need a number 9 big time!

• Like 2

When the top clubs sort their squads out for the season, both domestically and for Europe, loan signings will trickle through the leagues.  Not sure when the window closes, but I’d expect us doing most of our business in the last week. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Moore already said he is after two strikers.

There might not be anything super imminent mind.

We will be waiting for the prem clubs deciding who and who not they want to loan out. Will knock onto championship which might be more the area we are looking at.

I think with the game as it is, charging loan fees should be abolished. Its ridiculous now. All it does is help the top clubs hoard young players and make other clubs effectively pay for that previlage. If they want the player developed it should be on their coin. For me at most, it should be no loan fee and the club taking the player on loan should have to only pay what wage they were on before their transfer on any player under the age of 23 or player who has made less the 20% of appearances in your first team. Add to that maximum squad sizes of squads in all age group/competitions and just mayeb we'll stop seeing the top clubs hoover as many up, who don't even go on to play for that club.

Gives younger players more chance at actual proper league progression. It just seems the smaller clubs (now the stupid compo rule in place for youngsters) will never see the better players again for much length of time. Or be able to use those fees as a way of surviving for seasons on end.

That in itself, would help with P&S too. Not having to be held to ransom on conditions. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Wycombe Wanderers are in advanced talks to sign Stoke City striker Sam Vokes.

If he came in and a younger more mobile striker I'd be happy. Vokes is still only 31 and has huge experience. He has played arounf 100 prem games, played in a euros and played in a very disciplined Dyche regime. A very good signing for Wycombe if so. I'd hate to think they would beat us to him if indeed we were in for him. Which there is no evidence of. 

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

Expecting to see uwakwe sign

A hunch or some inside info? I have to say I like the look of him in the clips I've seen. Think he could become a real talent with the right coaching.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Expecting to see uwakwe sign

Not being funny but didn’t we think Bola was signing and it didn’t happen?.  I know the world of transfers is bonkers so not having a go at you,  hopefully we see some confirmed signings soon!

• Thanks 1

I was looking through the list of players Moore has worked with on Transfer Market. He favours youth simple as that. It looks in the main the vast majority of experienced players he’s worked with he’s inherited from previous regimes at WBA, Doncaster and here obviously. Chansiri is definitely gone down a different route by appointing Moore. I hope it works? I think it has every chance of doing so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

When the top clubs sort their squads out for the season, both domestically and for Europe, loan signings will trickle through the leagues.  Not sure when the window closes, but I’d expect us doing most of our business in the last week. 

Sounds familiar