The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Sorry I thought I had read it somewhere. Must have been wishful thinking on my part 😂.

You may well have done. The only reference to us not being able to pay a fee is the one I posted. We could do with the EFL or the club making a definitive statement one way or the other, really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You may well have done. The only reference to us not being able to pay a fee is the one I posted. We could do with the EFL or the club making a definitive statement one way or the other, really.

You can expect Chansiri to make a statement on that some time in 2027...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What about a cheeky loan bid for Lee grant 

4th choice at Man Utd behind 

de gaer, Henderson, and heaton and in his last year of his contract 

my guess is they’d rather loan out Henderson or Heaton and keep grant as back up

but he’s always been north and might want to put himself in shop window this year, has connections with us and might fancy a potential promotion on his CV 

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

What about a cheeky loan bid for Lee grant 

4th choice at Man Utd behind 

de gaer, Henderson, and heaton and in his last year of his contract 

my guess is they’d rather loan out Henderson or Heaton and keep grant as back up

but he’s always been north and might want to put himself in shop window this year, has connections with us and might fancy a potential promotion on his CV 

hes 38 now , think likes of fielding , Palmer , seem better choices 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Started his career at Blackburn in the premier league for 4 years but didnt play my mistake.

Still 360 career appearance and 117 clean sheets over a full season that averages about 17 clean sheets.

Not bad for a free agent.

So now he didn’t play in the premier league and his 200 games have gone up to 360. Are the extra 160 in non league by any chance. Give it up mate. 

37 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So now he didn’t play in the premier league and his 200 games have gone up to 360. Are the extra 160 in non league by any chance. Give it up mate. 

You need to roll your neck and check what i posted i posted he had played over 200 championship and league one games which is correct.

But dont worry we have inadequate keeper just so plonk cannot moan.

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

You need to roll your neck and check what i posted i posted he had played over 200 championship and league one games which is correct.

But dont worry we have inadequate keeper just so plonk cannot moan.

There you go again making things up. I’ve been saying since Monk had his tantrum and dropped Westwood that sadly neither of these two are good enough. I was pointing out that our fans have consistently had meltdowns about signing players over 30 who are on their way down. Then you suggest someone at 32 who has played the bulk of his career in the lower leagues. But you did make up the fact he had played in the premier league to make it look better.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 03:36, room0035 said:

Frank Fielding is currently a free agent 32 year old former Derby, Bristol city keeper over 200 appearances at league one and championship level and would be both within our budget and an improvement on what we have.

But this is Wednesday, we will pay £300k for the lad from Burnley then cover his £18k a week wages too, then say we have no budget left for anyone else such as a striker.

Frank Fielding is an old fashioned name I would associate with the 1930s or something. We were a decent team then so its a yes from me purely on that aspect.

2 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

Ben Marshall is play still

you see?   Still do job

Stoneclough - West Lancashire Football League (westlancashireleague.co.uk)

only 30 year

Why he play low ??   ?

Fell out of love with football I think.