Wednesday - V - Barnsley OMDT

Will tomorrow ....  

275 members have voted

1. 1. ....be TP's first win

• YES
    • No
  2. 2. Does TP look like a man finding out things he didn't know before

• YES- He looks shocked
    • No- I'm sure he was aware what he was coming into.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Early goal for them and I fear it could be a repeat of the game in midweek. I really hope we start on the front foot, I don’t like it how in every game since Pulis arrived we have let the opposition have around 70% of the ball. Setting us up for failure imo. Come on Wednesday!!

Me neither, it’s counterproductive Thing is, Pulis built his reputation on playing that way, and could frustrate sides by organising his defence to repel the predicted aerial bombardment. His sides could see out a siege Nowadays though, sides don’t play that way. If you surrender possession, most sides will have the technical players to unlock you. It may take time, as in the game against Norwich, but modern sides are nothing if not patient, and will generally find a way of getting through

• Like 1

We need to transmit positive mental thoughts to our midfield... 

lol

I see Iorfa, here, there and everywhere in midfield, winning every second touch tackle and Bazza, Kadeem and Reachy breaking with blistering pace. 

4-2 Wednesday. ..

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

there are quite a few I dislike. Hate is such a strong word. I reserve that for special cases. For me pigs, Leeds, Barnsley and Rotherham are all as bad as each other. 

Yeah I meant dislike, sorry. Rotherham are all right, it's just the weird obsession some fans have with us that's annoying/winds me up. Barnsley I have zero problems with, good club and town. Leeds are 50/50, just based on how certain fans are ect. Pigs, I don't like them as it's our derby, but I've grown to hate them since wilder has been brainwashing them on hating us more.

• Like 1

Individually our team looks OK and should be able to give most teams in this division a game.

Collectively we are woefull, it's like we are missing a key piece in the Jigsaw. 

I personally think it is a dynamic powerful midfield player and for that reason I would be happy to see Iorfa deployed in that position to see if he can hack it.

We have to try to change something because the systems we have been playing are not working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I put Luongo in. Then deleted him . Thought there might be a chance for Brown. 

Then I got distracted  looking at left back and starting mumbling to myself and forgot to pop a midfielder back in.

Not that it matters. In some ways we look more focused with 10 men!

It's our natural formation of choice this season...massive insight and aforethought.

Great work...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

we will play 1 up front at home to dingles cause we are so weak, poor, lacking ability, nowhere near fit enough ,aint enough big enough players that we may not win another game this season . i will give odds of 500-1 that we score 3 today 50-1 2goals and 1 goal from open play 5-1 , if we score it will be either a pen,set piece or bannan might get his 1 goal a season what he normally gets ,we should have got shut of him and replaced him with connor houlihan when we had the chance 3years ago who has way more goals,assists from a player who plays in the same position ,now for some strange reason we have offered him a 2 year deal when he is part of the problem , 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gresh said:

Great OMDT as usual. Without stating the obvious we need a much improved effort from the dross that was served up during the week.  I don't think Pulis will allow that to happen again and I'm backing us to get a win.

Allow??   he isn't on the pitch.....dawning on him i think what a ****shower he has let himself in for.....

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Me neither, it’s counterproductive Thing is, Pulis built his reputation on playing that way, and could frustrate sides by organising his defence to repel the predicted aerial bombardment. His sides could see out a siege Nowadays though, sides don’t play that way. If you surrender possession, most sides will have the technical players to unlock you. It may take time, as in the game against Norwich, but modern sides are nothing if not patient, and will generally find a way of getting through

100% agree with that. Times have changed since his days at Stoke. Also I don’t think our defence and also rest of the team is physical enough to play the Pulis way. 

• Like 2

Marvellous read of a morning Snoots, particularly liked the description of nanny in the nursery😀

A draw would be a good result after Tuesday...there’s something seriously not reyt if the manager is referring to “the powers that be” regarding transfers, you’d think he might have some say in the matter!
Come on you blue and white wizzaaards! Show that you deserve the support and the shirt...there are 50,000 plus worldwide who would gladly wear it on the hallowed turf.

• Like 1

2-0 Wednesday, with Wednesday also having two disallowed goals.  Pulis to change chewing gum brand at half time, and that coincides with all the goals in the second half.

Goals from Pelupessy from 25 yards and a Paterson tap in.  Hillsborough stunned into silence.

• Haha 2