Wednesday - V - Barnsley OMDT

Will tomorrow ....  

275 members have voted

1. 1. ....be TP's first win

• YES
    • No
  2. 2. Does TP look like a man finding out things he didn't know before

• YES- He looks shocked
    • No- I'm sure he was aware what he was coming into.

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

Palmer worries me.

Back in his ‘scapegoat ‘days , I’d regularly stick up for him but now there’s summat not right.

Dont know whether it’s carrying an injury, being played out of position or just loss of form but he’s strolling around like he doesn’t give a monkeys.

He’s developed an arrogant look that doesn’t suit him.

Been saying it for years....

Palmer does the bear minimum required in his profession to warrant his pay check.

Anyone remember when he actually made a defenders tackle, or made a cracking defensive header away?

4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Well inviting the well proportioned Tay Tay to the game on Tuesday did us no good whatsoever.

Tonight or rather this morning I have resorted to recent history. In our last 23 outings against our six fingered friends we have fallen victim to their whims just twice. Irrespective of form, class or style Barnsley have done us over twice.

The law of averages says they should have turned us over 7 or 8 times in that period.

|That fact tells me there is a reason for this and it is as obvious as the nose on your face. They are scared of us. Scared of us when we were evenly matched. Scared of us when we were in the ascendency  and even scared of us when they appeared to be top dogs.

We should pin those 23 results on their dressing room wall to remind them just how scared of us they have been over the years.

NOW COME ON WEDNESDAY GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, SCRAGG EM !

UTO & DTB WAWAW. 

Tay Tay didn’t pan out.....what about applying some reverse logic and inviting this young lady??

05161513-737E-4F09-8734-271ECDA6893B.jpeg

Can’t get excited about anything regarding the club at the moment. Just when performances indicate we may just be starting the corner, we have Tuesday. Our ability to capitulate seems to be back. Soon be on the same sort of run that has seen the end of managers over the past 20 years. So much for the new manager bounce. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thought pulis started OK despite not getting the wins and was encouraged but Tuesday really knock my duck off. Hope TP's really ripped into em, because that's what I've wanted to do all week. Really really really need to bounce back today with a win or I fear the worse. 

Head says 0-2 heart says 2-0 please let the heart be reyt for once

UTO FTB 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A wonderful scribble Snoots, much appreciated. 

Must admit I'm nervous about today. 

We surely don't need to be letting them have possession and trying to hit on the counter. It's Barnsley.....at home.....we should be grabbing this by the scruff of the neck bossing these kind of games.

I really think this is a game where a 25,000 strong crowd willing the team on would give the boys the lift they need...

• Love 1

It'll be interesting to compare our "style" with theirs as we both have new managers recently. We need to stop Mowatt from dictating the game and get our wingers high to force their wide defenders back to their own goal. If we sit off and let them have the ball their speed and movement will kill us.

still backing us to win 5-0 tho. 

• Haha 1

After announcing that the starting lineup at 'Udders was our strongest and needed to play the next 5 games I've decided that I know absolutely nowt! I presume looking at TP after the game when he was obviously seething a few things may well have been said - soooo whoever is selected today I expect more than a reaction to Tuesdays abomination!!! Come on lads let's win one eh?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

It'll be interesting to compare our "style" with theirs as we both have new managers recently. We need to stop Mowatt from dictating the game and get our wingers high to force their wide defenders back to their own goal. If we sit off and let them have the ball their speed and movement will kill us.

still backing us to win 5-0 tho. 

Our best two players are our full backs, as you say you need to pen them in as much as possible, we’ll out work you all afternoon, have you under all sorts of pressure all over the pitch, if you try to play football, the direct approach with ball at feet is the way to beat us, run at us with the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

I don't often bet big, but over the years I've lumped rather hefty on Wednesday to lose 3 games.

Away a brighton in the cup the other year.

At home to Bournemouth and Reading this year.

I am lumping on them to lose today.

For that reason alone, I guarantee we shall not lose!

Or your losing streak could continue? Haha🤨