Wednesday - V - Barnsley OMDT

Will tomorrow ....  

275 members have voted

1. 1. ....be TP's first win

• YES
    • No
  2. 2. Does TP look like a man finding out things he didn't know before

• YES- He looks shocked
    • No- I'm sure he was aware what he was coming into.

Pulis needs to prove his worth here. He comes with a reputation of being a good organiser, and someone who achieves wins against teams he shouldn’t do. So far we’ve seen none of that, but let’s see if he can outsmart hit and miss Barnsley

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Pulis needs to prove his worth here. He comes with a reputation of being a good organiser, and someone who achieves wins against teams he shouldn’t do. So far we’ve seen none of that, but let’s see if he can outsmart hit and miss Barnsley

Hit and Miss ?. Out of the bottom 13 teams only Luton have beat us. And we’ve failed to beat Millwall and Coventry, with 3 still to play, when it comes to beating teams we should, we’re more hit than miss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Bang on the money in summing things up, love it.

Have you decided to go with my suggestion of getting our red card out of the way before kick off though? You've only selected a starting 10.

Either that or we have two players we've not heard of in the reserves. Van and Aken.

lol

8 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

Hit and Miss ?. Out of the bottom 13 teams only Luton have beat us. And we’ve failed to beat Millwall and Coventry, with 3 still to play, when it comes to beating teams we should, we’re more hit than miss. 

Yes definitely more hit than miss, and certainly more hit than us. However, losing big at home to Bournemouth, a side that even we managed to beat shows an inconsistency. Didn’t you lose big at Cardiff also, another place where we won? Anyway, this is more about us, and what we’re not doing. 
On current form, you should beat us, but on current form, everyone should, but we’ve brought in a manager who can supposedly upset those odds. Personally, I think his methods are out of date, but if there is any substance to his abilities, then it’s games like this he has to win

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

You hate every team, don't you haha? Barnsley is alright, way better than our other rivals. 

there are quite a few I dislike. Hate is such a strong word. I reserve that for special cases. For me pigs, Leeds, Barnsley and Rotherham are all as bad as each other. 

• Thanks 1

Early goal for them and I fear it could be a repeat of the game in midweek. I really hope we start on the front foot, I don’t like it how in every game since Pulis arrived we have let the opposition have around 70% of the ball. Setting us up for failure imo. Come on Wednesday!!

• Like 1

Great post Mi'lord, thanks.

Sums up the position of both SWFC and Owlstalk perfectly.

I still want us to win but I don't expect we will.

I'm a bit fed up and my natural tendency is to optimism and encouragement so I'm out of sorts with it all. I'm especially out if sorts with snidey snipers. Let the reader understand. 😇

• Like 1