Wednesday - V - Barnsley OMDT

Will tomorrow ....  

275 members have voted

1. 1. ....be TP's first win

• YES
    • No
  2. 2. Does TP look like a man finding out things he didn't know before

• YES- He looks shocked
    • No- I'm sure he was aware what he was coming into.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

True, but how much more pissed off would we be if we were at the games

Do you know what I’m not sure.  One of the things I love about being a wednesdayite is my mates. Even when it’s been pants it’s always been a laugh, a day out on the beer, and you jolly each other along. Sat at home is just not the same, even with mates round. I think that’s why we are losing the love. Maybe it’s all part of the plan. Make it so bad we will start watching love island and Britain’s got talent. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Do you know what I’m not sure.  One of the things I love about being a wednesdayite is my mates. Even when it’s been pants it’s always been a laugh, a day out on the beer, and you jolly each other along. Sat at home is just not the same, even with mates round. I think that’s why we are losing the love. Maybe it’s all part of the plan. Make it so bad we will start watching love island and Britain’s got talent. 

I have no idea how britain's got talent is still going haha.

9 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I'm watching Bristol v Clermont Rugby . 

I'm not a rugby fan but thought that players/teams don't seem to have bad games. Is it the mental mindset of rugby that makes players give their all. 

Wasn't the England Rugby coach Sir Clive Woodward credited with being a brilliant man manager. Hasn't he done the same with cycling? 

Perhaps we need a mental coach to get the best out of the players. 

Is Strudick(think that's his name) or somebody our mental coach? 

Something needs to be done to get the players feeling they are world beaters. 

I was lucky enough to have spent some time with Clive Woodward when I was doing some some work for large corporate client 10 years or so ago. 
The whole program of work was about winning mentality and how leadership works. 
Teams are complex and you need multiple leaders to rise to the occasion in different circumstances.

You can’t create leaders. You can coach them to be better but much of it comes from within. 
You can see it yourself. Reach isn’t a leader. Hutchinson was a leader. 
In truth winning is about getting best out of people and it’s about working under pressure (Clive Woodward calls is TCUP- Thinking Clearly Under Pressure).

I think we are lacking leadership and without that it’s very hard to engender a winning mentality.

• Love 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Yeah I’m getting that, and that’s why I probably prefer away games A good crack in a different city, everyone in the same place. Hillsborough would either be toxic right now, or worse still, like a morgue

29 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I'm watching Bristol v Clermont Rugby . 

I'm not a rugby fan but thought that players/teams don't seem to have bad games. Is it the mental mindset of rugby that makes players give their all. 

Wasn't the England Rugby coach Sir Clive Woodward credited with being a brilliant man manager. Hasn't he done the same with cycling? 

Perhaps we need a mental coach to get the best out of the players. 

Is Strudick(think that's his name) or somebody our mental coach? 

Something needs to be done to get the players feeling they are world beaters. 

Moving forward,maybe,but part of our problem is we keep imagining that all we need is someone to unlock the talent in our squad....NO we need to change & refresh our squad,lose the alleged bad attitude(if it still exists) lose the players who have been(or turned into) poor signings, and bring in newer,hungrier,players who want to make an impact.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

I'm thinking 4-5-1 with Van Aken left back and Iorfa in midfield. Would rather it be 4-4-2, go to have a go at teams!

Glad to se Dunkerly on the pitch but surely can't be fit enough!

No Luongo, worse injury record than Hutchinson!

Don’t think he’s injured.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

I'm thinking 4-5-1 with Van Aken left back and Iorfa in midfield. Would rather it be 4-4-2, go to have a go at teams!

I think Pulis said Luongo wasn’t injured? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Dunkley starting!?! Not played for almost a year, even reserve games and now he’s straight in to the team? Asking for trouble. 

Could be yeah, and with so many centre backs available now, it would be self induced. We were told, a month ago, that Dunkley would need quite a few games for the U23s before he could be considered

Just now, gurujuan said:

Could be yeah, and with so many centre backs available now, it would be self induced. We were told, a month ago, that Dunkley would need quite a few games for the U23s before he could be considered

yes, Pulis said something along the lines of he bought Westwood back to quickly and now he’s done the same with Dunkley who has been out with a very serious injury. 

• Like 1

Just now, jonnyowl said:

I shudder when i see VA,Lee's & PP on the team sheet.............in my opinion at some point they will panic on the ball & offer up a goal scoring chance.(or worse a penalty, ditto Odubajo..)

Whether its giving the ball away too easily,giving away a free kick or penalty,or simply allowing the opposition too much space and time on the ball.

I would like myself to see Brown given a run out in midfield,as i feel he has more to offer in an attacking sense than BB, & if we have any influence at all with Bruce,from his time here bring in Dwight Gayle on loan in Jan to offer up a striker partnership with Windass,for him to feed.

Reach & Harris to provide with him.(TP needs to educate Harris on the final ball)