Wednesday - V - Barnsley OMDT

Will tomorrow ....  

275 members have voted

1. 1. ....be TP's first win

• YES
    • No
  2. 2. Does TP look like a man finding out things he didn't know before

• YES- He looks shocked
    • No- I'm sure he was aware what he was coming into.

If we weren’t playing Barnsley today I probably wouldn’t even bother watching it.

Ive never felt like giving up in 35+ years of watching Wednesday but the Huddersfield game left me feeling so disconnected with this team. It’s getting more and more difficult to get emotionally invested in them when they put in performances like that.

Weve had a squads over the years with far less ability than some of our current players, but at least they put in the effort. 

I guess we dust ourselves down in the hope that they will turn up today... but like Tuesday night, it’s the hope that kills you 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sternlad said:

Marvellous read of a morning Snoots, particularly liked the description of nanny in the nursery😀

A draw would be a good result after Tuesday...there’s something seriously not reyt if the manager is referring to “the powers that be” regarding transfers, you’d think he might have some say in the matter!
Come on you blue and white wizzaaards! Show that you deserve the support and the shirt...there are 50,000 plus worldwide who would gladly wear it on the hallowed turf.

And yet people still maintain 'monks players' etc etc from the transfer window.....& 'monk' has left us in a right mess.....I guarantee that despite this latest revelation,those posts will continue...

At the end of the day,moaning on social media & radio programmes,etc is free speech but will change nothing.I and the odd one or two have just hit the end of the road(jack...old timers might get the pun!) My personal protest is i wont spend one penny at the Club,until JR & WW are gone....

After which i will assess....I will ALWAYS love my Club SWFC    

Not for me to choose a successful winning team and choose to 'support it' We all know someone like that eh? No connection whatso****ingever to the City,but support their team...

22 minutes ago, parajack said:

And yet people still maintain 'monks players' etc etc from the transfer window.....& 'monk' has left us in a right mess.....I guarantee that despite this latest revelation,those posts will continue...

At the end of the day,moaning on social media & radio programmes,etc is free speech but will change nothing.I and the odd one or two have just hit the end of the road(jack...old timers might get the pun!) My personal protest is i wont spend one penny at the Club,until JR & WW are gone....

After which i will assess....I will ALWAYS love my Club SWFC    

Not for me to choose a successful winning team and choose to 'support it' We all know someone like that eh? No connection whatso****ingever to the City,but support their team...

Jordan Rhodes has been a flop....not sure what Willy Wonker has done wrong though?

Wish we were going to S6 for this one.

Always enjoy playing these at home. Even if we're poo, it's still a decent fixture to get the blood flowing.

No idea what to expect today, but I think if you stop Woodrow, you stop them scoring at least.

TP should now know our players' strengths & weaknesses so play the system & positions that suit the men involved.

Everybody does their jobs, clean sheet, defend well, graft & create in the middle, score upfront.

Easy this managing lark. :biggrin:

We might win 2-1. UTO.

• Thanks 1

Feel worse about this game than I’ve felt for a long while. 
I’m going to have to make sure I’ve some kind of side task in the go while the game is on to distract me from the ‘action’. 
I vaguely remember the 1-1 draw against Barnsley in 2017 at the start of the decline. 
We were up at half time but then started to be defensive and after they equalised we couldn’t get back at them.

My enduring image of the game is of a Tram full of Dingles going past us singing:

‘f*** all,

your going to win f*** all,

your going to win f*** all,

your going to win f*** all’

Yes. I thought. Your probably right. 
and they were. 

• Love 1

I think what we endured under GM, the lockdown, the transfer window ( regardless of who picked the players we signed) not being able to go to games and see our mates, pullis coming in and struggling to do anything with a crap squad( regardless of who you blame for it) has just taken its toll on us all. Life in general has been pretty poo this last twelve months for folks.

no matter how crap life was before we always had Saturdays to look forward to.

its just not the same getting pissed off in front of an iPad is it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I think what we endured under GM, the lockdown, the transfer window ( regardless of who picked the players we signed) not being able to go to games and see our mates, pullis coming in and struggling to do anything with a crap squad( regardless of who you blame for it) has just taken its toll on us all. Life in general has been pretty poo this last twelve months for folks.

no matter how crap life was before we always had Saturdays to look forward to.

its just not the same getting pissed off in front of an iPad is it.

True, but how much more pissed off would we be if we were at the games

• Like 1