The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

Guest timrud

I thought they had already borrowed against future TV money - so there might be a hole in the parachute!

Gutted it looks like they will be getting Jockanovic as manager. Excellent manager imo, especially at that level. He will have them challenging to go back up imo. Would have loved him as our manager these past few seasons when we’ve been after a new one. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

A very good appointment for the championship, sadly. I do suspect that he has been used to working with much bigger wage budgets at that level in the past though (Watford & Fulham) than what bog roll will make available.  

Very much a sign of a new era for them.

Big departure from the Wilder approach.

Continental manager, football structure and imagine players too.

Hopefully goes t*ts up but he's a very good coach. His Fulham side is one of the best Chsmpionship teams I've ever seen. Thought they were outstanding.

Wait and see. At Watford and Fulham he had excellent squads for Championship level, with excellent technical footballers playing excellent football.

He's taking on an ageing squad of limited footballers who are only used to playing a defensive system, with question marks over how much money he'll get to spend. 

• Like 3

I'm not just saying this because it's the blunts, but I'm not a fan of Jokanovic (also the case when many were touting him for us).

I acknowledge his achievements with Watford and Fulham, but since has chased the money and strikes me as a mercenary, dining out on those promotions.

How much desire does he actually have, given he's since been happy to take the Quatari money. Proper managers want to play in the best leagues and challenge themselves IMO.

Could be decent for them, but I suspect given the length of negotiations he's had their pants down on a very lucrative 3 year contract and the only winner will be Jokanovic's bank balance.