The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

42 minutes ago, striker said:

I'm not just saying this because it's the blunts, but I'm not a fan of Jokanovic (also the case when many were touting him for us).

I acknowledge his achievements with Watford and Fulham, but since has chased the money and strikes me as a mercenary, dining out on those promotions.

How much desire does he actually have, given he's since been happy to take the Quatari money. Proper managers want to play in the best leagues and challenge themselves IMO.

Could be decent for them, but I suspect given the length of negotiations he's had their pants down on a very lucrative 3 year contract and the only winner will be Jokanovic's bank balance.

Here’s hoping that you’re correct.

• Like 1

Good appointment. Would struggle to think of many realistic appointments at Champ level.

Torn between wanting Swansea to go up as Brentford will make the Champ stronger next year but wanting Brentford to go up because they deserve it.

Jokanovic has a track record of getting teams into the Prem.

And because of parachute payments etc, pigs will have the resources to give their manager to easily get them back up at the first time of asking.

As much as I hate to say it, pigs nailed on for a 2022 promotion.

In 12 months time, pigs and Wednesday could be separated by 3 divisions.  Frightening.

• Thanks 1

It's a good appointment but I suspect he might fall out with their top brass before he gets the chance to get everything in place for a proper tilt at promotion.

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Their first over-seas manager.

Seems odd reading that, this day in age.

Was Carlos our first over-seas manager? I've lost track of our managers. 

Correct, we're both among the later English teams to have had a non-British manager.

14 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Here’s hoping that you’re correct.

My predictions 50/50 TBH. That said, I'm not envious and think they would have had a better chance of promotion under Wilder. 

It's all about us though, the blunts are just  comedy relief after we've won and they've lost. Not too fussed what they do. 

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

And because of parachute payments etc, pigs will have the resources to give their manager to easily get them back up at the first time of asking.

In 12 months time, pigs and Wednesday could be separated by 3 divisions.  Frightening.

I can see a slight flaw in your plan.  They borrowed against future TV money to fund the purchase of the club and stadium.  That pot is pissless.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Could be decent for them, but I suspect given the length of negotiations he's had their pants down on a very lucrative 3 year contract and the only winner will be Jokanovic's bank balance.

Oh he'll 100% be on an absolute ton of money

When he gets them promoted though it'll be worth every penny. He'll turn Brewster good as well

His record speaks for itself, and anyone saying it's not a good appointment / will just end in disaster have their blinkers on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

I can see a slight flaw in your plan.  They borrowed against future TV money to fund the purchase of the club and stadium.  That pot is pissless.

You obviously take a keen interest in the internal goings-on at S2.

Bit weird for a SWFC fan like but whatever floats your boat...

All I know is that, pigs spent circa £56 million last summer just on transfer fees.

Not an insignificant amount really.

This was at the height of a global pandemic when most clubs were tightening their belts.

Jokanovic is no mug.  He wouldn’t be going there if pigs didn’t have the resources required for promotion.

Edited by Westfield Owl

57 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

All I know is that, pigs spent circa £56 million last summer just on transfer fees.

This was at the height of a global pandemic when most clubs were tightening their belts.

Jokanovic is no mug.  He wouldn’t be going there if pigs didn’t have the resources required for promotion.

All the information is in this thread.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Nailed on when there’s already 2 better squads in the division

lol

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

How did that work out for them?

6 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Appointing & keeping a manager with a proven track record of acheiving promotion from the league. Wonder if DC has ever thought of doing something ridiculous like that

DC interviewed Jokanovic