The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

7 hours ago, Mobley said:

Suspect his wages will be an issue even for the recently relegated. 

Well the appointment of Jokanovic shows they're willing to pay

I've never bought in to this whole "they're skint due to loaning against PL money" line being touted. I think they've got a fair bit to play with

I like how they spin the new transfer policy .

"Sheffield United are drawing-up a list of young players attached to leading Premier League clubs after resolving to make better use of the loan market during this summer’s transfer window."

Not a pot in plain English.

On 03/06/2021 at 12:42, Owlinmad said:

I like how they spin the new transfer policy .

"Sheffield United are drawing-up a list of young players attached to leading Premier League clubs after resolving to make better use of the loan market during this summer’s transfer window."

Not a pot in plain English.

They have made some interesting statements lately, like this one about 'Hecky' - seems like they had a board meeting to decide whether to publicly thank him!

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2021/may/Paul-Heckingbottom-Resolution-of-thanks/

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They have made some interesting statements lately, like this one about 'Hecky' - seems like they had a board meeting to decide whether to publicly thank him!

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2021/may/Paul-Heckingbottom-Resolution-of-thanks/

that ‘resolution’ simply seems to be a means by which to publicly backhandedly criticize the Messiah formerly known as The Bus Driver  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

that ‘resolution’ simply seems to be a means by which to publicly backhandedly criticize the Messiah formerly known as The Bus Driver  

Saying the ‘precipitously’ parted company is more like an upper cut to the jaw than a backhanded slap

After Christian Erikson had a favourable brush with destiny this evening it reminded me of a tale my Grand father told regarding a similar incident at the Lane.

Sam (I think) Wynne played as a right back and started his career in local-league football with Neston Colliery. He later had a spell with Welsh side Connah's Quay before joining Football League club Oldham Athletic at the start of the 1921–22 season. In 1923, Wynne became the first player to score two goals and two own goals for both sides during Oldham's Football League First Division match against Manchester United. Wynne stayed with Oldham for five seasons, making 145 league appearances in total, scoring nine goals. He signed for Bury in the summer of 1926 and played 18 league matches for the club before his death in April of the following year.

His Death On 30 April 1927, during Bury's Football League First Division match away to Sheffield United, Wynne collapsed while placing the ball for a free kick after the Sheffield forward Harry Johnson had been adjudged offside. He was stretchered from the field of play and pronounced dead; the cause of death was determined to be a cerebral haemorrhage. The match, which Sheffield had led 1–0 through an own goal from Bury's Jimmy Porter, was abandoned.

Lengthy post, but my mate took this from PigMad.

Theres certainly more than one groundsman as my mate is one of them. The player in question (a few posts further back says his wife is a teacher) is Odubajo. Now from my recollection he hasn’t found a new club. Some concerning things in the post however the majority isn’t true. Cute of them though. 

B3031CC8-D2B1-4E9C-8445-3694CEA6ACE3.png