The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

16 minutes ago, 0742 said:

That's sickening, considering the failures we've employed since Carlos!

We don't know what Jokanovic demanded.

I used to like the guy as a player and manager too... Really annoyed that he ended up there. 🙄

He's chosen the right city, but the wrong club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, belgrade_owl said:

I used to like the guy as a player and manager too... Really annoyed that he ended up there. 🙄

By the sounds of it the pigs have had to break the bank to get him, so it was probably down to money. 

7 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Jokanovic has a track record of getting teams into the Prem.

And because of parachute payments etc, pigs will have the resources to give their manager to easily get them back up at the first time of asking.

As much as I hate to say it, pigs nailed on for a 2022 promotion.

In 12 months time, pigs and Wednesday could be separated by 3 divisions.  Frightening.

Berge, Brewster, McBurnie  et al are carrying an excessive amount of losses. Filling the voids will not be easy. If anything their fans are far more fickle than ours not a chance in hell that they can convert last years excessive ST purchases into a like for like roll over as evidenced by the £40x10K fire sale which were reduced to junior and Uni sales. I just don't see the prince pushing the boat out for a bounce back attack; Too many ageing or leaving player spots to fill with the required quality.     

Good appointment and a man I wish we got 4 - 5 years ago.

However, as has been suggested his Fulham and Watford sides were very different to what he'll be getting at United. It might take him a year or two to get them to become real challengers, but eventually he will. 

12 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

You obviously take a keen interest in the internal goings-on at S2.

Bit weird for a SWFC fan like but whatever floats your boat...

All I know is that, pigs spent circa £56 million last summer just on transfer fees.

Not an insignificant amount really.

This was at the height of a global pandemic when most clubs were tightening their belts.

Jokanovic is no mug.  He wouldn’t be going there if pigs didn’t have the resources required for promotion.

Think he was just mentioning a well known fact that you conveniently overlooked 

But its ok for you to quote how much money they have spent 

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Isn't this the guy that took Fulham up and club spent over £100m during summer and they sacked him early doors following season and ended up going straight back down? 

Yeah, though I don't think he had all that much say in who was brought in.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, belgrade_owl said:

Taking the blue and white specs off for a minute, he’s chosen the right club too 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

You obviously take a keen interest in the internal goings-on at S2.

Bit weird for a SWFC fan like but whatever floats your boat...

All I know is that, pigs spent circa £56 million last summer just on transfer fees.

lol