The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Evans a case in point. Thousands of them sang songs at games boasting about his involvement rather than having a go at him. Top scorer when they were going for promotion. 

Yeah, exactly. If he had been on 40 grand a week and spent most of the season injured then they'd have been calls to sack him on the spot. 

On 12/05/2021 at 11:38, darra said:

A few years ago our daughter and her ex were stood in a bar in Lincoln. A random bloke walked up to her ex and hit him so her ex punched him. The police were involved as he was arrested for assault. Later in court, he was fined 80 quid. They never got to find out who the other bloke was or why he hit her ex.

There’s either a fair bit of info missing here or he had the worst solicitor in the world 

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really hope they don’t get Jokanovic as manager. Personally think he’s a very good manager, especially at Championship level. 

He's done well with good teams, playing good football. Unless he gets a lot of money to spend he'll do well to get similar performances with that squad. 

On 12/05/2021 at 02:36, markg said:

Agree with a lot of that. I can see why he has reacted if you see the other part of the video when they're constantly harassing him when he is walking with is mrs

TBF in view of what's come out since the original headline, it should be the idiots harassing him that get charged ad they caused the problem, not McBurnie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really hope they don’t get Jokanovic as manager. Personally think he’s a very good manager, especially at Championship level. 

I'm hoping they get Gary Monk!

Bit confused about jokanovic. About a week ago Bettis(?) said a short list of five including Hecky. Two or three days ago they announce they are going to “ try and approach jokanovick. Yesterday I read all five on the list had been interviewed. Only explanation I can see is the five on the list were all rejected hence the approach for jokanovick. 

16 hours ago, Big Malc said:

There’s either a fair bit of info missing here or he had the worst solicitor in the world 

There was CCTV footage of the incident that was used in court.

50 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Sounds like he's understandably scared about losing his job to me. 

If both convicted he could be looking at up to 6 months Jail for harassment and OM could get up to 5 years for GBH/ABH - so suspect why both are trying to retract everything..

It is now down to the CPS who must fairly weigh the factors for and against prosecution to make an overall assessment of whether the proceedings against the accused is in the public interest ... 🤔 .. ex PL footballer ... mmmm

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Massive back tracking statement issued by the nobber that followed McBurnie round shouting abuse.

Says he wants to put it in the past:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/man-involved-in-oli-mcburnie-street-fight-releases-statement-about-sheffield-united-player-3236493

He's acted like pr*ck too and is worried.

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Massive back tracking statement issued by the nobber that followed McBurnie round shouting abuse.

Says he wants to put it in the past:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/man-involved-in-oli-mcburnie-street-fight-releases-statement-about-sheffield-united-player-3236493

Having seen what led up to the incident I'm not surprised the lad got smacked. Can't condone it but he was goading McBurnie with his phone out in order to get a reaction, he got one and didn't like it. 

Great stuff from the Star by the way. The person involved as per the lead into the article is Elliott Wright. Later in the article the Star states, 'Mr Elliott'... Someone gets paid for writing and editing this content and they expect readers to pay a subscription. Most posts on here are better written than many of their articles.