The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

I can see em having another decent season. Mid table or so with the odd foray up into the European spots. Beat a few of the big teams, lose to city and Liverpool and turn over the teams around em. When they win they'll climb the league, when they lose or draw they'll stay where they are. They're like a turd that won't flush, been like it for the last few seasons. I guess it's cos they're consistent, they lose 1 but then double the effort next game and win one. Its all wilder and knill getting maximum effort out of the players. They're fit and 'hungry'. Wilder has a knack of doing it right and then getting a pay rise, you have to begrudgingly respect him. 

Whatever happens this season though, I guarantee you this. You will come across one of their fans who wants to talk about us. We'll have pigs on here trying to pretend to be one of us. They'll celebrate our losses as loud as they celebrate their wins. We define them and we live rent free in every single one of their heads. They hate us, and personally I hate them more than I used to purely because of how they have acted in the last few years. Arrogance is the word for them I'd say. Considering what they used to say about us I think we let em off lightly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

I can see em having another decent season. Mid table or so with the odd foray up into the European spots. Beat a few of the big teams, lose to city and Liverpool and turn over the teams around em. When they win they'll climb the league, when they lose or draw they'll stay where they are. They're like a turd that won't flush, been like it for the last few seasons. I guess it's cos they're consistent, they lose 1 but then double the effort next game and win one. Its all wilder and knill getting maximum effort out of the players. They're fit and 'hungry'. Wilder has a knack of doing it right and then getting a pay rise, you have to begrudgingly respect him. 

Whatever happens this season though, I guarantee you this. You will come across one of their fans who wants to talk about us. We'll have pigs on here trying to pretend to be one of us. They'll celebrate our losses as loud as they celebrate their wins. We define them and we live rent free in every single one of their heads. They hate us, and personally I hate them more than I used to purely because of how they have acted in the last few years. Arrogance is the word for them I'd say. Considering what they used to say about us I think we let em off lightly. 

Don't know about that, I think we gave them just as much stick when we beat them to Promotion from League 1.

• Like 1

Theyll not go down.

Can see them finishing comfortably mid-table.

Still lacking real quality up top, but the organisation and defensive structure should see them through.

Anyway, bo11ocks to them and their fat chav of a manager.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Only because I can’t be arsed to trawl back through 245 pages of suggestions and the new season is upon us already - all your United chat for 2020/21 goes in here.

Will they suffer from 2nd season syndrome?

Will they ever achieve their dream of being everyone’s 2nd favourite club?

Are they just synonymous with number 2’s?

Fire away...

"Abhorrence Of Arabia" lol

• Haha 1

They did well last season primarily because they were defensively strong. I think this defensive solidity tailed off a little post-lockdown?

Ramsdale has got a big task to fill the gloves of Henderson. How he does will set the tone for the season. He does well, they stay around 8th-14th. He doesn't they struggle.

Scoring more goals is important hence the interest in Brewster. I rate him highly but if someone like Crystal Palace were to come in for him, I would expect him to go there. London Lad? They're more of an established premier league club. United could yet still be a flash in the pan?

I think they'll be ok but as I said in the other thread they won't be the same force this season as the unpredictability factor is no longer there?