Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

20 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

You only have to look the teams who have been promoted in recent years from League 1, to realise a backwards step to rebuild is what we need.

Leicester, Southampton, Brighton, Leeds, Norwich, Wolves, Sheffield United, Bournemouth....

And for any of those teams, just how was being in League One ‘the making’ of them?

You could possibly make an argument for the Pigs—but I would say it's far more likely that the appointment of Wilder is what made the real difference. Were it not for that, there's every reason to think they would still be down there.

Relegation—especially with the current financial uncertainties in the game—would be an absolute disaster. We must stay up this season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

But can't you replace it with younger players with potential at the same time?

if there cheap and you are prepared to wait a year or two for them to  develop there potential   then yes you can but good young players who are  1st team ready now  dont usually   come cheap ...........

A number of top flight clubs are looking at bringing in goalkeepers from the Championship, which could leave a few Championship clubs in need of goalkeepers too. I wonder if that merry-go-round, might see someone come in for Westwood on deadline day? 

Edited by The Night-Owl

28 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

A number of top flight clubs are looking at bringing in goalkeepers from the Championship, which could leave a few Championship clubs in need of goalkeepers too. I wonder if that merry-go-round, might see someone come in for Westwood on deadline day? 

Hope so, if only to get his wage off the books. He isn't going to play for us again. DC will want top dollar though.lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Maybe Stoke can add him to their collection of Wednesday old boys, if Buttland leaves. As long as they don’t send us Gregory in return

9 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

But, according to The Mail, any hopes Zohore had of joining Garry ‘the Striker Whisperer’ Monk at Sheffield Wednesday have gone up in smoke.

GARY THE FUCKINGSTRIKER WHISPERER???  THA WOT?

:duntmatter:

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Haha 3