Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Whenever I’ve seen Marriott he typically comes off the bench for derby and looks very lively. Making me wonder why they never started him. Like windass and Hooper before him, he seems to be able to strike it really cleanly. 

Needs to play in a 2 but could see him and Paterson linking quite nicely. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

You miss my point though, he wouldn’t qualify as a British player in any European squads named, Champions or Europa leagues.

Yes he would

"What's a 'locally trained player'?
There are two categories:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0231-0e94d9d8129d-64371a29cafe-1000--uefa-champions-league-squads-how-it-works/?referrer=%2Fuefachampionsleague%2Fnews%2Fnewsid%3D2400510

Derby County Official reporting it as done deal.....

Derby County striker Jack Marriott has joined fellow Sky Bet Championship side Sheffield Wednesday on loan.

Marriott has linked up with Garry Monk’s Owls in a loan deal for the 2020/21 season, although the Rams hold the option to recall the player in the January Transfer Window.

Derby have also taken up the opportunity to extend the 26-year-old’s contract by a further year until the summer of 2022.

• Like 1

Sheffield Wednesday have rejected a number of bids from Championship rivals Brentford for midfielder Barry Bannan, Football Insider understands.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Brentford had bids of £1.25million and £1.5million rejected by Sheffield Wednesday for the Scotland international and that the Bees have been informed he is not for sale.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Wolves defender Ryan Bennett has rejected a last-gasp offer to join Sheffield Wednesday, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

That’s a shame if true.

Saw a while ago that he was available and thought he would suit us

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday have rejected a number of bids from Championship rivals Brentford for midfielder Barry Bannan, Football Insider understands.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Brentford had bids of £1.25million and £1.5million rejected by Sheffield Wednesday for the Scotland international and that the Bees have been informed he is not for sale.

Interesting, they're higher offers than I thought, is football insider reliable?

So many of those sites these days I forget which are reliable.

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Wolves defender Ryan Bennett has rejected a last-gasp offer to join Sheffield Wednesday, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

He was on loan at Leicester last season! Quite BALLSY to go for him I must admit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I know what lets get 30m a piece for our two best players and then try and nick Sheffield Wednesday's for 1m.

WTF:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Worrying thing is Marriott does well until jan he can be recalled, however worth a risk if he bags in plenty of goals and gets Us points in the bag

Then its the Jan window at least and we can either put in a bid for him & hope he forces a move through if he’s enjoyed it here, or we move elsewhere for someone else.

its worth the risk.

• Like 1

Just now, FlyingOwl said:

Cardiff media reporting that Flint to us is on. Sky reporting that JCS to us is on.

If we can get both in I’d be chuffed. 

Marriott, JCS and Flint on loan would be decent signings especially for a club on minus points. Think there might be one or two more surprises to come too.