Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

I dont like Monk as a manager but it's better that he signs players he knows how to use that fit his way of playing. 

As someone said above, our front line isnt likely to be prolific so we need a strong return from set plays. Flint is about the best you can get as a goal scoring defender, he will certainly get the percentages of balls into the box to give him the opportunity.

I dont like this way of playing, I'd prefer defenders to defend and work the ball up the pitch but that isnt going to happen.

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Any move for Flint suggests that either Lees or Dunkley has more serious issues than we first thought. Those two would battle for the middle position in a back three, and with both being experienced championship players, it would be overkill to bring in Flint to cover maybe, a few weeks absence. He’s not a sufficient enough improvement to be brought in as an upgrade. Clarke-Salter though, is by all accounts, an upgrade on our left side options. If my theory regarding a complication with Dunkley, or Lees, is wide of the mark, then is it not just another case of us stockpiling older players? We don’t need to have three veteran centre backs fighting for one position, it’s too much

Dunkley for me was a very odd signing for us. A risk we shouldn’t have been taking. 

The more I learn about Clarke-Salter, the more convinced I am that we should sign him. He has presence, pace and a cultured left foot. All those things could be really useful, especially if we get a manager who likes his teams to play football

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Bolasie to Boro would be a very impressive signing imo. Looking like Wilson will end up at Cardiff, another quality signing I didn’t think Cardiff would make. 

If we signed Bolasie people on here would go into meltdown over his injury record and high wages!

47 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Any move for Flint suggests that either Lees or Dunkley has more serious issues than we first thought. Those two would battle for the middle position in a back three, and with both being experienced championship players, it would be overkill to bring in Flint to cover maybe, a few weeks absence. He’s not a sufficient enough improvement to be brought in as an upgrade. Clarke-Salter though, is by all accounts, an upgrade on our left side options. If my theory regarding a complication with Dunkley, or Lees, is wide of the mark, then is it not just another case of us stockpiling older players? We don’t need to have three veteran centre backs fighting for one position, it’s too much

From what I hear Lees Iorfa and Shaw won't be back till next month, probably Dunkley as well. 

With all games coming up before end of this month signing 2 defenders on short term loans wouldn't be a bad idea. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

To reset in this league, you need a big sale.

For example QPR's sale of EZE, that will make QPR such a stronger team all over the pitch, in time to come, if invested correctly. (20m+)

Ollie Watkins, Brentford are secure for years to come (33m)

Jude Bellingham, Birmingham will be stronger (21m)

Ben Godfrey, Norwich to Everton (25m)

We haven't got anything like this. 

If FDB or one of the U23s develop well then we can make money that way, but typically it is attacking players that earn the most money. It doesn’t help when your star youth striker shafts you either.

But if the focus is on being financially secure and earning money like that. Neither is achieveable in league one. 

11 minutes ago, bradowl said:

From what I hear Lees Iorfa and Shaw won't be back till next month, probably Dunkley as well. 

With all games coming up before end of this month signing 2 defenders on short term loans wouldn't be a bad idea. 

If we can afford, perhaps not, but I guess it depends when they will be back. Next month is only three games away, so if it were the beginning of next month, we could manage. It’s a pity we didn’t show the same urgency about bringing in a centre forward, when we didn’t have one, injured or otherwise

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we can afford, perhaps not, but I guess it depends when they will be back. Next month is only three games away, so if it were the beginning of next month, we could manage. It’s a pity we didn’t show the same urgency about bringing in a centre forward, when we didn’t have one, injured or otherwise

Five games left this month.

Guest Mcguigan
8 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

True, only way we invest time into youth, is by taking a backwards step. 

Obviously Alex Hunt doesn't beat Bannan for a position in the starting 11 but Hunts potential could be worth 10m after playing 45 games in a league one winning side.

We did similar with Michael Antonio. Invest time. 

Anyone over 25 year old for our current need is past it.

Problem is, we won't be winning next seasons Lg1 with Hunt playing 45 games in midfield and he certainly won't suddenly become a £10m player either by playing Lg1 football.