Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, jp1981 said:

I saw this, ther is also one saying they are signing Norwich on loan.

16:05

BLACKBURN CLOSE IN ON NORWICH LOAN

Blackburn are closing in on a loan move for Norwich midfielder Tom Trybull, according to the Lancashire Telegraph.

lol

Can we loan in a whole team too, one that can play 3-5-2 or at least score and win at home ocassionally? :ph34r:Monkmanface:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

Marriott - Yes

Gregory - No

Both are a downgrade on Zohore but Marriott is still only 26 and he'd be a decent addition. To be fair to DC and the club everyone is in the same boat in the Championship. Not many stand out signings during the window. Mostly loans until the end of the season so given our current position we can't expect much

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Your opinion mate, I don't think we've got the raw talent or potential to take stock without the drop.

Take stock meaning...allow game time for youth and sell Bannan or Iorfa etc..

Chansiri will be stuck in protecting his asset mode and will do anything to avoid the drop, understandable. 

At the same time, we'll be failing to build for league 1.

We can’t afford to think like that, literally 

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Always thought Marriott looked good at Derby, perhaps a bit of an impact player. Not too dissimilar to windass though and I thought we were after a no9

Like I said earlier, can see us changing formation, whether we bring in a out and out number 9 or not. I don't think we have the players to effectively play 3-5-2 at home and away, it does suit us more away from home. Depth is key this season, more than ever due to it being a congested season full of midweek games. It seems to me, unless we bring in quite a few more players that suit how we play, that we might eventually switch to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or something? 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

I saw this, ther is also one saying they are signing Norwich on loan.

16:05

BLACKBURN CLOSE IN ON NORWICH LOAN

Blackburn are closing in on a loan move for Norwich midfielder Tom Trybull, according to the Lancashire Telegraph.

lol

Theyve almost tied up a loan move for a young lad from Liverpool his name escapes me atm ...

But I'm informed Klippity Klopp n Bossman Mowbray have struck up a mutual friendship of late ...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Like I said earlier, can see us changing formation, whether we bring in a out and out number 9 or not. I don't think we have the players to effectively play 3-5-2 at home and away, it does suit us more away from home. Depth is key this season, more than ever due to it being a congested season full of midweek games. It seems to me, unless we bring in quite a few more players that suit how we play, that we might eventually switch to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or something? 

I agree, but I’m not so sure Monk is for turning. Even with the players we have, we’d be more potent if we played three forwards instead of two. Kachunga and Windass are capable of playing wide in a front three, and I think doing that is a more positive move than squeezing Shaw in as the extra defender

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Your opinion mate, I don't think we've got the raw talent or potential to take stock without the drop.

Take stock meaning...allow game time for youth and sell Bannan or Iorfa etc..

Chansiri will be stuck in protecting his asset mode and will do anything to avoid the drop, understandable. 

At the same time, we'll be failing to build for league 1.

So you are suggesting we should be building for league one with 42 games to play in the Championship? Great way to waste a season.

Chris Turner tried building for the 3rd division from before Christmas when we were in the second division in 2002-03. Unsurprisingly that approach resulted in relegation but, having planned for division 3 for months, we finished the next season in the 2nd lowest league position in our history. 

F**k giving up already. 

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I agree, but I’m not so sure Monk is for turning. Even with the players we have, we’d be more potent if we played three forwards instead of two. Kachunga and Windass are capable of playing wide in a front three, and I think doing that is a more positive move than squeezing Shaw in as the extra defender

You'd think eventually we'd have to adapt but you might be right considering we haven't as of yet with our current injury crisis. There's still time, although we've left it late considering our points deduction to bring in more players that suit how we play but if we don't, then a formation change should be considered to get the most out of our current players. It will do us no good this season, if we continue to be so ineffective at home and continue throwing so many points away at home. 

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So you are suggesting we should be building for league one with 42 games to play in the Championship? Great way to waste a season.

Chris Turner tried building for the 3rd division from before Christmas when we were in the second division in 2002-03. Unsurprisingly that approach resulted in relegation but, having planned for division 3 for months, we finished the next season in the 2nd lowest league position in our history. 

F**k giving up already. 

You only have to look the teams who have been promoted in recent years from League 1, to realise a backwards step to rebuild is what we need.

Leicester, Southampton, Brighton, Leeds, Norwich, Wolves, Sheffield United, Bournemouth....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

You only have to look the teams who have been promoted in recent years from League 1, to realise a backwards step to rebuild is what we need.

Leicester, Southampton, Brighton, Leeds, Norwich, Wolves, Sheffield United, Bournemouth....

be a disaster for us to go down. Imo we would be more likely to do a Sunderland or Bolton than the teams you mention above. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

We have already had our backwards step ffs 

The last thing we need is to go down ? Salary cap ? All sorts of problems? You’d av thought Sunderland Ipswich Bolton would have come straight back up ? Fourth bottom will be a massive result this season rebuild yr after 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

We do need to rebuild and think more long term but we need to do it at this level. Staying up is key to our survival as a club, we're fortunate we didn't go down last season as the bottom two tiers face a difficult present and an uncertain future. We should have started rebuilding and selling players and reinvesting in players with potentially more resale value ever since DC's early years of his reign. Our recruitment as become more sensible in recent windows but it will take many more years of operating like that. To truly reap the benefits, whilst numerous other clubs have been bringing in money to reinvest on quality and players with resale value. You're right that we need to focus more on the future and long term as a club to truly progress but relegation would be disastrous during the current climate. 

• Like 1