Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

6 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

So not what we are after then 😂

There’s a reason you can’t name anybody it’s because there aren’t any to name. This is what the club is having to deal with. I’ll be honest I think we should have taken a pint in the foreign market but that ship has sailed and we are where we are.

That’s exactly what I was saying, there were any number of potential solution to our number 9 struggles on the continent, but as you say, that ship has sailed. As far as a number 9 goes, I’m happy with Zohore, and have been since we decided he was the one we wanted. I do feel we need someone to play off him though, and I’ve a hunch that Roberts will eventually be more of a central striker To be honest, I’ve always favoured a front three, with a central striker, and two wide attackers, but obviously Monk doesn’t see things that way. 

Edited by gurujuan

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s exactly what I was saying, there were any number of potential solution to our number 9 struggles on the continent, but as you say, that ship has sailed. As far as a number 9 goes, I’m happy with Zohore, and have been since we decided he was the one we wanted. I do feel we need someone to play off him though, and I’ve a hunch that Roberts will eventually be more of a central striker To be honest, I’ve always favoured a front three, with a central striker, and two wide attackers, but obviously Monk doesn’t see things that way. 

That’s a fair opinion at least you e backed it up with some reasoned thinking other than just slagging monk and the club down without any basis.

34 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

When at the bottom of the pile you get wot you can? Unfortunately points deduction will scare a lot of players away not to mention their agents ? Marriott I’d take above Gregory? Least he different to wot we got ? Still think xohore will arrive tomorrow? Prob both 

Points deduction v Wonga = No contest !

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Forest after signing Knockaert and Grosicki before the deadline. 

never fear, we’re looking at Marriott & Gregory. I’ll try not to blow my load too soon but it’ll be difficult. 

2 hours ago, GLOwl said:

He used to be very good, on the fade now but still a reasonable signing.

It’s not a reasonable signing if they are paying an arm and a leg for him.

Fulham paid 10 million for him in January and he will be on at least 40k a week as he was in the Premier with Brighton before that.

The deal will cost Forest a lot of money, literally millions and at the end of last season he couldn’t get in the Fulham team in the championship 

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would Derby really let JM out on loan when he has been playing for them this season? 

They are one of the clubs in for Zohore and also linked with Wickham.

Maybe letting Marriott out allows them to bring one of those in.

I have to say I hoped this transfer would have been a permanent one rather than a loan. 

• Like 4