Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Just now, swfc1983 said:

For the position we find ourselves in they are about as realistic as we can hope for I would think, can they can keep us up? I don’t know that for sure and neither do you. It’s either a case of stick with what we have or add what we can and go for it. Which would you rather do?? 

Still waiting for a name of the forward you think we should be signing by the way.

Sorry I don't have my big database of players to hand at the moment, but this has been on the horizon for a few months and the recruitment team have had plenty of opportunity to work their magic. 

Everyone was telling us, that its a buyers market, get the kids signed up, a new dawn, a new realisation and we end up with Paterson.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Sorry I don't have my big database of players to hand at the moment, but this has been on the horizon for a few months and the recruitment team have had plenty of opportunity to work their magic. 

Everyone was telling us, that its a buyers market, get the kids signed up, a new dawn, a new realisation and we end up with Paterson.

This has been anything but a buyers market or you still living in 2015/16?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Where we linked with Rudy Gestede a while ago? Has he been fixed up yet? Seems a Monk type of player. 

Would love him in if we can get some form out of the lad. He's a proper cf on his day and used to score quite a few... 

Though the problem is he's just not been that player for a while now. Though it would be fantastic if we got him in snd Gestede & Rhodes click like back in Blackburn 

• Haha 1

Just now, swfc1983 said:

Is he available? Also to my knowledge isn’t he another winger/forward not out and out No.9?

Yes I believe that is what he is, and I’m not sure how Monk would use him Then again, how would he have used Leko, had we been successful in bringing him in

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

He started their last premiership game against city so maybe a tad unrealistic 

Ah there you go, see. No, I don’t know how realistic it is, but they have brought in one or two for that role recently, and are still expected to do more business

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes I believe that is what he is, and I’m not sure how Monk would use him Then again, how would he have used Leko, had we been successful in bringing him in

So not what we are after then 😂

There’s a reason you can’t name anybody it’s because there aren’t any to name. This is what the club is having to deal with. I’ll be honest I think we should have taken a punt in the foreign market but that ship has sailed and we are where we are.

Edited by swfc1983