Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Derby County are considering a move for Crystal Palace striker Connor Wickham who spent last term on loan at Sheffield Wednesday.

The 27-year-old striker is out of contract with Palace next summer.

Wickham, who Palace signed from Ipswich Town, earns £60,000 per week at Palace. His ability is evident, but injuries have stumped his progress in recent years.

23 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Has Marriott been playing this season. Thought he was out of favour.

Think he likes a beer or three ,allegedly . 
At least he has some pace and the ability to run behind 

he has played a part in all 4 of their games this season scoring 1 goal. 

2 hours ago, OwlInCardiff said:

Fair to say he doesn't shy away from a big occasion. Goals at Man Utd, Chelsea, double in the play-off semi v Leeds, goal in the final v Villa.

I've always liked him anyway, would get a lot more excited about him than Gregory anyway. Here's hoping. 

• Like 1

So less than 24 hours until the transfer window shuts and we are still to sign any strikers.

Why did we let players leave in the summer, if we did not at least have a few strikers lined up. 

I can see the excuses this time tomorrow when we don't sign any one of end up agreeing to pay £50k a week for the useless Zohore.

• Haha 3

Just now, room0035 said:

So less than 24 hours until the transfer window shuts and we are still to sign any strikers.

Why did we let players leave in the summer, if we did not at least have a few strikers lined up. 

I can see the excuses this time tomorrow when we don't sign any one of end up agreeing to pay £50k a week for the useless Zohore.

Why does this still surprise people every year? 

Every club in the EFL would prefer their deals done sooner, but, the reality is a significant majority of them won't get their final few deals done until tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If tomorrow we signed Marriott and Zohore I think that would be very impressive. We need 2 forwards signing and not just 1. 

While I don't disagree, which one isn't going to play, assuming Paterson starts. What happens to Windass, Kachunga and Rhodes? How does it affect morale to have players not playing?

We would have recruited volume again and not necessarily improved quality, which would be my concern. 

• Like 1

On 09/10/2020 at 14:29, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’d have to check the stats but I’d say about 18 ish. You have to remember he was playing under Bullen too before that. He was absolutely outstanding in those games and fully deserved his new contract. Granted he made mistakes the year after but I still shudder when I see Dawson or Wildsmith on the team sheet!

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

What a plonker