Cowleys Poll!

Cowleys . You decide!  

925 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question. Do you want the Cowleys ?

• YES -
    • NO -

I hope we get them as it'll make a refreshing change to go for an up and coming management duo but there are alot of reservations

They need to be given time and a few transfer windows to put their own stamp on the squad

5 hours ago, kingsidney said:

If dc doesn’t start letting managers sell player, it doesn’t matter who we get in. 

Absolutely. The oldest team (starting 11 according to Geoff Stelling) and squad in the league. Really worries me that we are happy to let countless multi-million pound assets run contracts down. Our midfield wasn't quite good enough 4 seasons ago and they're now all knocking on 30. Not working is it. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Are people selective readers?

i said I'd find it bizarre because he's from a nearby school. Weird that he would go on to become Sheffield Wednesday manager. I did not say that being a former teacher means he's not good enough. 

No selective reading what so ever, I find your rationale bizarre. Your original comment is one of stupidity, of the highest order!! I don’t give a fizz if he was a PE teacher, shop keeper or taxi driver...he’s obviously doing something right.

Folk want away from the merry go round of Pulis, Monk and Rowett etc... and they want a young manager with new ideas...we get linked with one and everyone goes into meltdown.  

Really don’t understand why people are clambering for the Cowely’s yet were completely against Paul Hurst a while back, really don’t think the Cowley’s would command the respect of the squad, much as Lee Bullen doesn’t , Hurst did a better job at Grimsby and Shrewsbury with very limited resources than the Cowleys have at Lincoln, obviously things didn’t work out for him at Ipswich even after the recommendation of Mick McCarthy to the Chairman and I could see the Cowleys managerial career going the same way as would Sheffield Wednesday if they were appointed .

Edited by Owl999
  • Like 1

Its no from me...Tisdale is my choice if we going down the route of a manager from the lower leagues......been every bit as succesful as the cowleys playing a decent brand of football... he dressers better as well.........only reservation if we do go for a lower league bloke is how much power would chansiri  and his advisors let them have .

29 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Really don’t understand why people are clambering for the Cowely’s yet were completely against Paul Hurst a while back, really don’t think the Cowley’s would command the respect of the squad, much as Lee Bullen doesn’t , Hurst did a better job at Grimsby and Shrewsbury with very limited resources than the Cowleys have at Lincoln, obviously things didn’t work out for him at Ipswich even after the recommendation of Mick McCarthy to the Chairman and I could see the Cowleys managerial career going the same way as would Sheffield Wednesday if they were appointed .

If the Cowley’s are appointed you’d hope most Wednesday fans would realise its a long term strategy. They’d clearly need to start offloading any “big time Charlie’s” in January that don’t want to listen to a former teacher, and start bringing in their own players.  Eddie howe and Nigel Adkins did alright going up through the leagues.  My guess would be the Cowleys would be similar to Dyche in style and ability to manage players

2 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

So how's the vote going?

I'd have to choose to find out and tbh, I'm quite ambivalent about this one  :mellow:

I do wish DC would make a decision though

Currently 427 saying yes and 62 saying no. Personally I'm for it, think it's the exact type of forward thinking long term appointment we need to freshen us up. I'd much prefer that this of on the rise appointment to the typical out of work has beens or failures.

• Thanks 1

Its a yes from me and I haven't been one of those people banging the drum for them.

My head says that they may well struggle at this level, the player egos, tactical nous of the opposition, media demands and general scrutiny, will all be challenges they haven't faced before.

My heart says that two hungry young professionals who have had pretty remarkable success at a lower level, not just on the pitch, but in actually building a club, could be just the right fit for us.

Get them in and back them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I hope we get them as it'll make a refreshing change to go for an up and coming management duo but there are alot of reservations

They need to be given time and a few transfer windows to put their own stamp on the squad

The issue most fans seem to be ignoring us that we don’t have time.

Potentially big financial problems if we are still in this league next season.