Cowleys Poll!

Cowleys . You decide!  

925 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question. Do you want the Cowleys ?

• YES -
    • NO -

4 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

"I certainly don't know enough to say one way or another whether I think they'd be the right fit for us." - so you have an idea of what might be the right fit for us or is it just a throwaway comment? 

I agree btw - unless any of us have followed lower league football enough to 'know' the pair, then it is a bit of a punt. 

For me, I look at what they have achieved versus an experienced managerial team i.e Rowett or Pulis, and believe that the Cowley's might just be looking past another payday on the managerial carousel for the next 6-12 months til it goes belly up. 

I have my opinions as to which managers would be a good fit for us, based on what I know of them. For example, hypothetically speaking, I reckon Dean Smith would be a great appointment, whereas I don't think Zola would.

I don't know enough about the Cowleys to have much of an opinion one way or the other, although their record in the lower leagues is certainly impressive, and I'd be excited to see what they could do here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I have my opinions as to which managers would be a good fit for us, based on what I know of them. For example, hypothetically speaking, I reckon Dean Smith would be a great appointment, whereas I don't think Zola would.

I don't know enough about the Cowleys to have much of an opinion one way or the other, although their record in the lower leagues is certainly impressive, and I'd be excited to see what they could do here.

So vote yes then. 

<<<<<yours faithfully, the digital press-gang team>>>>>>

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd be excited to see what they could do here.

That'll do. ANwTs is on board ,guys. 

Everybody stand easy.  

Nightowl,  knock up another fan club members card.

Psst. Pssssst! @WatfordOwl, listen, i think he's in. But keep an eye on him just in case. If he tries to back out we'll collude on an elaborate plot to have him banished to "site information". 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

...their record in the lower leagues is certainly impressive, and I'd be excited to see what they could do here.

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

That'll do. ANwTs is on board ,guys. 

Everybody stand easy.  

Nightowl,  knock up another fan club members card.

Psst. Pssssst! @WatfordOwl, listen, i think he's in. But keep an eye on him just in case. If he tries to back out we'll collude on an elaborate plot to have him banished to "site information". 

giphy.gif

Glad to welcome you aboard @areNOTwhatTHEYseem

raw:ghoulguy:

• Haha 4

I’ve had a long hard think about this and decided to vote no

If they do come then I will get behind them, and I would prefer them to Bullen

But I don’t think our players would accept them, I could see another Jos situation developing, when the Cowley’s start dropping one or two crowd favourites

Time will tell, but many many managers have failed at this club, many with much bigger names

This is a monster of a job to get right, and it will take someone special

Are the Cowley’s’s special enough, I’m not sure, it’s just too big a risk for me

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

If it is between Bullen and the Cowleys then it's a yes from me. My 1st choice doesn't want to come to us and my second choice doesn't sound as though he has been asked. I am not at all inspired by any of the other bookie's candidates, with some of them making me shudder with fear.

I, like everybody else, have absolutely no idea how the Cowleys will fit in at the Sheffield Wednesday football club, but they have been an inspiration at every other club they have been at, they have a dynamic, "can do" attitude and they deserve the chance to try again at a higher level, which they will be doing with Lincoln if they carry on like they are doing. For once I think it might just be worth taking a chance and you never know, the way we have been spending lately, these two blokes might be able to replace all of our so called star players for player that actually play better than they say they can! 

Do it!