Cowleys Poll!

Cowleys . You decide!  

925 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question. Do you want the Cowleys ?

• YES -
    • NO -

21 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Martin Allen said DC is a West Ham fan in that interview

It’s actually a very valid point, that if they came to us and did well they may attract interest from the likes of west ham, and I can’t see pellegrini being there a long time. So basically we need to get promoted this season 

lol

8 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

It’s actually a very valid point, that if they came to us and did well they may attract interest from the likes of west ham, and I can’t see pellegrini being there a long time. So basically we need to get promoted this season 

lol

Not sure mate, I read they both have young families and don't want to uproot them, whereas we're just about in commuting distance

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

18 hours ago, wilyfox said:

He was a PE teacher at a school just down the road from me. For that reason, I'd find it bizarre. 

I know quite a few PE teachers who manage within non league - a nice little earner. He was obviously the same but who had a little more talent and has gone into the professional game.

Id like to know what kind of school it was because for me, dealing with adolescence, arsey boys is a great grounding for dealing with a load of billy big bo llox’s. 

lol

Any manager we appoint would be a risk - e.g. Brian Clough, having failed at Leeds and Brighton was a risk for Forest. Fergie had never managed in England or at a big club before he went to Man Utd.

But like what I see about a track record of success, being able to change to different styles of play and build a successful team over a number of year. Much more likely to succeed in my opinion than some of the failures on the Championship merry-go-round. They will inherit a decent squad, with a few weaknesses, but with the right leadership one that could challenge for promotion. Need to act now before another season passes us by.

8 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

I'd have thought the stadium sale would have lessened this. £20.7 million loss in 2017, £2.6 million profit in 2018. For 2019, we'd have to make a loss in excess of £20.9 million to breach FFP.

I could be wrong..

So could I, but my understanding was that was the case lol

22 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He wont come here, Lincoln have a load of momentum behind them and they've got something good going there, quite a large chance they'll be in the top 6 come May. They only need to look at how it has worked out for Nathan Jones after leaving Luton in a similar position.

As with everything in life nothing good lasts forever and they probably realise it's time to move on whilst their stock is high. Let's not forget this will be a massive step up in wages that could make him and his family very comfortable as well as the chance to test themselves at a higher level which any ambitious manager would welcome.

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Just 783 votes.

Some fence sitting going on!

I suspect the truth of the matter is that the vast majority actually know little about the Cowleys and their suitability for the role, beyond the obvious fact that they've been successful in the lower leagues.

I certainly don't know enough to say one way or another whether I think they'd be the right fit for us.

We need a boost and a buzz about the place in the same way the Bruce appointment brought.

The Cowley's are just that. 

We'd create a bit of a fanfair, whilst being able to temper expectations a little by understanding they are coming in to build a solid foundation for us to move forward. We've tried the money route, it hasn't worked, we now need a longer term plan.

2 upcoming, ambitious individuals that would 'genuinely' see SWFC as a huge opportunity and give it their all.

They'd 100% have my backing.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I suspect the truth of the matter is that the vast majority actually know little about the Cowleys and their suitability for the role, beyond the obvious fact that they've been successful in the lower leagues.

I certainly don't know enough to say one way or another whether I think they'd be the right fit for us.

Probably true.. however there appears to be three plausible scenarios..

The aphex twin..

Bullen

Rabbit out of hat..

That's what we've got to work on as far as I can see..

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

But how can you quantify what is?

If you give anyone the autonomy to make the role their own, put their stamp on things, then surely being armed with those tools for the job gives you every chance of success.

3 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

We need a boost and a buzz about the place in the same way the Bruce appointment brought.

The Cowley's are just that. 

We'd create a bit of a fanfair, whilst being able to temper expectations a little by understanding they are coming in to build a solid foundation for us to move forward. We've tried the money route, it hasn't worked, we now need a longer term plan.

2 upcoming, ambitious individuals that would 'genuinely' see SWFC as a huge opportunity and give it their all.

They'd 100% have my backing.

Excellent post. Fully agree. 

Just now, WatfordOwl said:

But how can you quantify what is?

If you give anyone the autonomy to make the role their own, put their stamp on things, then surely being armed with those tools for the job gives you every chance of success.

I have no idea how that relates to what I wrote.

:duntmatter:

All I'm saying is that I don't know enough about them to say whether I think they'd be a good appointment or not.

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I have no idea how that relates to what I wrote.

:duntmatter:

All I'm saying is that I don't know enough about them to say whether I think they'd be a good appointment or not.

"I certainly don't know enough to say one way or another whether I think they'd be the right fit for us." - so you have an idea of what might be the right fit for us or is it just a throwaway comment? 

I agree btw - unless any of us have followed lower league football enough to 'know' the pair, then it is a bit of a punt. 

For me, I look at what they have achieved versus an experienced managerial team i.e Rowett or Pulis, and believe that the Cowley's might just be looking past another payday on the managerial carousel for the next 6-12 months til it goes belly up. 

Sometimes you just have to trust your gut.

Cellino was right, managers are like watermelons - you don't really know what you have till you've invested your money. 

That said I can see these boys doing what Howe did at Bournemouth. 

If we don't take the chance we'll never know. 

Rather we give this type of appointment a chance than take a punt on a 'circuit' manager like Pulis.