A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

10 hours ago, vulva said:

Wilder is a ***, but bang on about how crap VAR is. I don’t want the perfect version of VAR, never mind this garbage. Spoiling the game. 

VAR is not spoiling the game.

Too much tv, covering every game, with their umpteen cameras, slo-mo, freeze frame and hours or expert and amateur post match analysis had already spoilt the game. They have undermined referees and created constant controversy and dispute. VAR is a consequence of too much TV analysis.

We were happy discussing whether the ref was right or wrong, until we got the proof that they're fallible. The mess that is VAR was so predictable, but it's only part of the excess TV issue. That said, VAR will improve, it will become quicker and more consistent, but the game as we and Wilder remember it, died a long before VAR came along.

37 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

VAR is not spoiling the game.

Too much tv, covering every game, with their umpteen cameras, slo-mo, freeze frame and hours or expert and amateur post match analysis had already spoilt the game. They have undermined referees and created constant controversy and dispute. VAR is a consequence of too much TV analysis.

We were happy discussing whether the ref was right or wrong, until we got the proof that they're fallible. The mess that is VAR was so predictable, but it's only part of the excess TV issue. That said, VAR will improve, it will become quicker and more consistent, but the game as we and Wilder remember it, died a long before VAR came along.

The pro VAR people don’t get it. I’m not interested in VAR getting better. Not interested in laser beams deciding offsides. It’s football, not Tron. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

VAR is shíte and I don’t like it but I can still enjoy the negative consequences it has on the pigs. Hopefully a proper dodgy last minute VAR decision sends them down

This. I'm proper torn at the moment but as it stands they've had the rough end of it with the goal at spurs and the comedy the other night. Until it starts helping em, and until it affects us, I'm happy to see it ruin wilders day. 

Once it affects us I want it banning though. And I never liked it. Not once. Not ever. 

VAR is pretty rubbish...but I can enjoy it when it screws over Dem Blades.

Tbf, they only have themselves to blame for Newcastles second.

The ref made it clear to keep on playing and they didn't.