A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

Thought the Amazon coverage was very professional and well done. 

Tbf, they've got enough money to ensure the coverage and production is up to scratch. 

It is a different approach and seems like a pretty smart one. Broadcasting an entire game week means you are bound to get one or two pretty good games, which the neutrals can enjoy. 

Do enjoy the fact that they had basically had to bring in every conceivable commentator/pundit (bar those contracted to Sky) to do it. 

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

Before we get too hasty... I wouldn’t call one defeat in 8 (or whatever it is) being ‘found out’

Theyve been written off for the last few seasons but have proven a lot of people wrong, as hard as that is is to take. 

The fact they are blowing out of their àrses on 70 mins is a very big clue that they are found out ...

As I said it's a massive step up .....

They've been lucky 

Honeymoon is over now.

4 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Before we get too hasty... I wouldn’t call one defeat in 8 (or whatever it is) being ‘found out’

Theyve been written off for the last few seasons but have proven a lot of people wrong, as hard as that is is to take. 

Yeah. 

Very long way to go. 

I suppose the one concern for them has been the lack of wins. Lots of draws, but probably more points dropped than gained considering how well they've been playing. 

Tonight they just ran out of ideas and perhaps some of the limitations in their team were shown up a bit. Newcastle aren't a great side, but they defended pretty well and by the second half it was largely long balls and aimless crosses from Dem Blades. 

Thought Wilder dropped a bo11ock not playing Moussett and McGoldrick. Appreciate they've got a pretty hectic set of fixtures (by Prem standards), but you've got to be playing Moussett imo, who is their main goal threat. 

Sharp...honestly, I think he is been kept around this season out of sentimentality. He might nick a goal or two, but he's so slow. McBurnie has been poor so far and looks like a bit of a lump who you punt it up to. 

Edited by SiJ

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

The fact they are blowing out of their àrses on 70 mins is a very big clue that they are found out ...

As I said it's a massive step up .....

They've been lucky 

Honeymoon is over now.

How does the apparent fact that they were tired prove they have been found out ?

Thought the prem was awash with top coaches, yet its took 15 games and an English manager to "suss them out" 

It was exactly how we played them last season 

Wilder is a lot like Warnock, play on the whole ‘underdog’ theme, build a team based on underachievers and players who have supposedly been written off elsewhere and the ‘never say die’ attitude.

It’s all part of the motivation... and while there is a technical aspect and a tried and tested formula to how they play, motivation can only take you so far. That’s why Warnock consistently failed in the top flight... because the motivation wears off eventually and the little ‘tactics’ that can gain an advantage in the lower divisions don’t work in the premier league.

Wilder tries to build up every game like a cup final. The way he was bigging up the Liverpool game was on an whole new level.  Players can’t perform like that every week so hopefully the bubble burst sooner or later, just as it did with Colin.

Sadly, it looks like he has a better brand of football than Warnock ever did. 

Guest The Horse

Can't wait for when it will inevitably go wrong for him.

He was a proper bitter, angry cheeky monkey on that post match interview.

Can you imagine how he'll react when the media start asking the really awkward questions?

It'll be funny as fizz.

8 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Wilder is a lot like Warnock

Spot on. 

Its almost as if Colin shagged around with the postwoman and out pops that bitter upstart.  

He (Mardiola) doesn’t have the intellect or class to deal with a losing run, which will inevitably happen in the top flight.  Hopefully tonight is the tip of the iceberg. 

• Haha 1

I watched it (cos the wife buys like a zillion amazon parcels a year and I was totally clueless they had footy until my son told me at around 9 o clock I could watch it)  ... so I downloaded the prime app ... the coverage was excellent ... now discovering prime TV ive now seen all the pre and post match clips ... I have to say the pre match build up clips were excellent and the one where the ‘panel’ are discussing the match pre match, Jermaine Jenas absolutely nails it re dem blavdes 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the monk said:

How does the apparent fact that they were tired prove they have been found out ?

Thought the prem was awash with top coaches, yet its took 15 games and an English manager to "suss them out" 

It was exactly how we played them last season 

That's all they have ..

flat out first half hunt in packs.

Half time bit of a breather but not enough 

15 minutes in knackered.

No plan B ....

Same as Man Utd game last week,  they are running out of steam ..