A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

I'm surprised that there's not more interest in Wilder to Everton.

Suspect it's because their fans think they should be having Wenger or Pochettino, or maybe someone like Howe.

Wilder's odds are about the same as Gerrard, which is ludicrous. 

3 minutes ago, southportdc said:

I'm surprised that there's not more interest in Wilder to Everton.

Suspect it's because their fans think they should be having Wenger or Pochettino, or maybe someone like Howe.

Wilder's odds are about the same as Gerrard, which is ludicrous. 

To me, Wilder is what Moyes was back in 2001 to Everton.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

His style of play would go down well with the Evertonians. 

I think the key tactically is to let Pigs have it up until final third and then try and nick it and hit them on the break. You need pace in your side to do this. I think this is why they have lost four at home when teams are more likely to drop off. Conversely away from home where they are unbeaten they get space as team attack them. All very simplistic but I think it’s a tactic teams will start to employ against them. The lack of quality up top is a concern…for them.

Interesting to note that it’s 19 years 6 months and 22 days since we last played in the Premier League. Pigs are currently in the Premier League. In the last 20 years 10 months and 20 days we have won more Premier League games than the Pigs.

UTMO! FTP!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

I think the key tactically is to let Pigs have it up until final third and then try and nick it and hit them on the break. You need pace in your side to do this. I think this is why they have lost four at home when teams are more likely to drop off. Conversely away from home where they are unbeaten they get space as team attack them. All very simplistic but I think it’s a tactic teams will start to employ against them. The lack of quality up top is a concern…for them.

Interesting to note that it’s 19 years 6 months and 22 days since we last played in the Premier League. Pigs are currently in the Premier League. In the last 20 years 10 months and 20 days we have won more Premier League games than the Pigs.

UTMO! FTP!

Good points well made. That’s how we got our 0-0 victories against them. If we’d have defended any deeper, our midfield would have been on our penalty spot.

• Like 1

Text message from a pig I know this morning:

No VAR on Leicester's winner despite a foul on Egan in the build up.

No VAR despite an obvious handball by a Southampton defender in the box.

VAR rules out a McGoldrick goal cos Lunny was offside against Spurs. He was on.

This bo l locks last night!!! I could go on.

Bitter two hats. It's almost as if they're getting their case to sue the premier league together early for when they go down in May.

VVankers.

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Good points well made. That’s how we got our 0-0 victories against them. If we’d have defended any deeper, our midfield would have been on our penalty spot.

Tbf, in our first game at the sty (under Jos) I thought we more than matched them and arguably could have won it at the death when Reach nearly twatted it in. 

The next season though...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Bitter two hats. It's almost as if they're getting their case to sue the premier league together early for when they go down in May.

VVankers.

Lunny 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Steelman said:

VVankers.

Mail him back and tell him to call it 1-0 and STFU

I wonder if they tried to attack the Newcastle fans after defeat last night? 

You know, like how when they occasionally lost at home in the Championship they'd go out of there way to start a scrap with the away fans? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, in our first game at the sty (under Jos) I thought we more than matched them and arguably could have won it at the death when Reach nearly twatted it in. 

The next season though...

Is that when we had 10 men? Also, that tactic is exactly what Oasis Owl mentioned, about catching them on the break. We nearly did it & we were shyte! :biggrin:

46 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You know, like how when they occasionally lost at home in the Championship they'd go out of there way to start a scrap with the away fans? 

From what I read on twitter they wouldn't have had a chance. Newcastle fans were kept behind after the full time whistle. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Probably a good job they didn't. SYP would have closed off the Lepp completely if that had happened at the Lane.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

From what I read on twitter they wouldn't have had a chance. Newcastle fans were kept behind after the full time whistle. 

Is this the same SYP who said they couldn’t lawfully keep away fans back at Hillsborough because of their human rights

• Like 1

Don't see what all the fuss is about

Is Wilder saying that this is the first time a referee  has overruled a linesman to award a goal?

I am sure that happened before VAR, all the VAR did was confirm the referee was correct not to blow his whistle, and the rule every kid learns when they start to play football still goes

Play to the whistle

• Thanks 1