A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

I think I heard somewhere that the Premier League directs linesmen to put their flags up straight away if they think it's offside, whereas UEFA say to only do it when play stops (in this case when Shelvey puts the ball in the net).

Either way, you need to play to the whistle, much as United will whinge to the end of time about just how unfair it all is.

9 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I think I heard somewhere that the Premier League directs linesmen to put their flags up straight away if they think it's offside, whereas UEFA say to only do it when play stops (in this case when Shelvey puts the ball in the net).

Either way, you need to play to the whistle, much as United will whinge to the end of time about just how unfair it all is.

Tbf if I were a pigs fan I’d be pretty livid with that rule. Why did they then blow up and stop play when McGoldrick was ruled offside? The rule seems totally absurd to me. Why can they stop the game in one instance and not the other?

But still lol 

Edited by owls maniac

There is nothing quite a post-match interview from Wilder when they've lost. 

The gurning on his face, the look of anger building up. 

It's like a man who has undergone years of anger management therapy only to see it all unravel within a matter of moments. 

Today was him at his most bitchy and petulant. 

Newcastle only defended, VAR is ruining he game. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 1

Wilders interview live on RS he turns round to, i'm assuming, one of the players who is making a bit of noise and says 'i'm trying to do a f*cking interview here'.

:duntmatter:

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce: 

On the second goal:"Down the line we are going to have a few that will go against us. I have to say well done to Jonjo for keeping on going. If that is an opportunity the linesman keeps his flag down because it looked borderline. Maybe he could have kept the flag down and checked later. Ultimately it was the correct decision.

"The referee will not blow the whistle and he has done that. Usually it is clear and obvious for the linesman to put his flag up but let's remind everyone it was the second goal, which wasn't important anyway."

Bruce spot on.

Thought Amazons coverage was good especially their version of the blue button.

Up until.the goal Newcastle were stopping uniteds harassing game with a lot of 1st time passes then they stopped and let united play their normal full on game. Thought United looked tired after 70 or so minutes but Newcastle looked nervy. United were terrible in front of goal and Newcastle keeper pulled off two worldies

I called that result tonight.

The pigs at work were way to over confident going into it and often when that happens you end up messing up, this is after all the Premier League. It was the same when they played Southampton.

Last night they were on Radio Sheffield talking about getting into Europe, they are only 5 points above the bottom 3.

Edited by TrickyTrev

21 minutes ago, darra said:

Thought Amazons coverage was good especially their version of the blue button.

Up until.the goal Newcastle were stopping uniteds harassing game with a lot of 1st time passes then they stopped and let united play their normal full on game. Thought United looked tired after 70 or so minutes but Newcastle looked nervy. United were terrible in front of goal and Newcastle keeper pulled off two worldies

Playing at full pelt for 70 mins is taking its toll ..

They are now found out, its a massive step up to the Prem...

Newcastle goalkeeper was outstanding tonight 

He was "done" several times but took it in his stride 

Hope Billy the pigs infused dead leg he got isnt too sore ..

Amazon last 3 evenings have been excellent....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST