A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

I think Wilder has a point on the inconsistency of playing on when the flag goes up, you either play to the end of every phase or you don't ever play on to the end of the phase. Picking and choosing opens the new rules up to all sorts of scrutiny and cries of injustice.

That said, its hilarious that this should happen to United.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Bruce has got his number. Should have beat them at our place.

Chris will have to console himself with Lisa Blade sucking the life out of him tonight instead 

First game they surprised him and Villa got battered. Second game in the derby, Bruce was prepared and had learnt from the Villa game. Third game last night he as you said had well and truly got his number.

1 hour ago, Binky Griptite said:

I think Wilder has a point on the inconsistency of playing on when the flag goes up, you either play to the end of every phase or you don't ever play on to the end of the phase. Picking and choosing opens the new rules up to all sorts of scrutiny and cries of injustice.

That said, its hilarious that this should happen to United.

First two rules of football as a kid.

1. Dont let the ball bounce

2. Play to the referees whistle

7 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I watched it (cos the wife buys like a zillion amazon parcels a year and I was totally clueless they had footy until my son told me at around 9 o clock I could watch it)  ... so I downloaded the prime app ... the coverage was excellent ... now discovering prime TV ive now seen all the pre and post match clips ... I have to say the pre match build up clips were excellent and the one where the ‘panel’ are discussing the match pre match, Jermaine Jenas absolutely nails it re dem blavdes 

I must admit, I downloaded it the other day, and for a first time effort into the footballing world so to speak I think it was excellent coverage. What could be better than Waddle commentating on a pig defeat. The Merseyside derby was excellent too. As soon as the goals go in, you get to view them on the app. Thumbs up from me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I watched it (cos the wife buys like a zillion amazon parcels a year and I was totally clueless they had footy until my son told me at around 9 o clock I could watch it)  ... so I downloaded the prime app ... the coverage was excellent ... now discovering prime TV ive now seen all the pre and post match clips ... I have to say the pre match build up clips were excellent and the one where the ‘panel’ are discussing the match pre match, Jermaine Jenas absolutely nails it re dem blavdes 

How did JJ sum the pigs up HS?

35 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

How did JJ sum the pigs up HS?

Pre game

They get up for the big games but this could be one where they struggle, I mean they got beat at home by Southampton

Were now at that place where they’re not a surprise anymore 

You can’t break down they’re hard work, but Steve Bruce has got that element of surprise up his sleeve

• Thanks 2

They remind me of Arsenal alot in that regard. They have one way of playing, which, when it works, is brilliant and teams can't cope, BUT, when it doesn't, or a team susses them out, they have no plan B, and the manager can't change the gameplan or the tactics to suit the game. 

14 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

"Wilder and his teams have one way of playing.

Long balls down the outside channels and percentage crosses in to the box.

High press and hundred miles an hour when not in possession."

This was said to me some years back by a scout at Halifax.

You forgot about the overlapping centre backs..

I think they get a bit found out when teams drop deep and deny them space. 

Once that happens, it becomes very direct and predictable. 

Tbf, their standard of crossing is pretty good. Your likes of Norwood can whip in a very good ball for a McBurnie to get his head on. 

Still think they will stop up tbh. At the very least, they work harder than many of the teams in the Premier League. 

United lack quality can't deny they work hard but effort can only get you so far.

I think the Christmas period will be a massive eye opener for them when they have to rotate the sqaud, it showed last night that without Mousset and McGoldrick up top they are massively lacking.

Couple of times noticed how the commentators mentioned how ineffective Fleck was. Norwood on the other hand is a quality player. 

3 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

United lack quality can't deny they work hard but effort can only get you so far.

I think the Christmas period will be a massive eye opener for them when they have to rotate the sqaud, it showed last night that without Mousset and McGoldrick up top they are massively lacking.

Couple of times noticed how the commentators mentioned how ineffective Fleck was. Norwood on the other hand is a quality player. 

I thought Norwood was quite wasteful last night and the majority of the time he had nobody picking him up as Waddle kept mentioning in commentary.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I thought Norwood was quite wasteful last night and the majority of the time he had nobody picking him up as Waddle kept mentioning in commentary.

Norwood is a decent footballer. Technically he's very good and he has a nice range of passing and delivery from set plays. 

I just wonder if the tactic of Newcastle was to leave him to it. Drop deep and then you largely curtail his ability to dictate the play in an offensive manner. 

Yes, he kept things ticking over, but they were struggling to really get in behind Newcastle. 

Thought Fleck and Lundstram were pretty poor. 

25 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I thought he was the one making United tick. Certainly seemed the tactic from Bruce was to let him have it and not to press him.