A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

Just now, owls maniac said:

We’re nearly at Xmas and they are yet to lose away, having visited Spurs and Chelsea. I would say they are a good side. Agree with you about it being a mediocre league on the whole though. 

Spurs under Poch who couldn't buy a win and an inconsistent Chelsea side. 

They will stay up comfortably though.

Typically, they followed up a poor result with a win. It is a healthy habit they've developed under Wilder...though that was in fact their first win in over a month. 

16 hours ago, owls maniac said:

We’re nearly at Xmas and they are yet to lose away, having visited Spurs and Chelsea. I would say they are a good side. Agree with you about it being a mediocre league on the whole though. 

Now up to 5 wins out of 16 games, in the "best season ever".

That's a 31.25% PL win rate for Wilder - which is lower than David Pleat's for us who we hounded out for being garbage.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Now up to 5 wins out of 16 games, in the "best season ever".

That's a 31.25% PL win rate for Wilder - which is lower than David Pleat's for us who we hounded out for being garbage.

Don't think that example is analogous at all to be honest mate. We were on the slide from being one of the best teams in the country- the pigs 3 years ago were in league 1. The PL is now a totally different beast with no team outside of the top 6 winning consistently. 

12 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Don't think that example is analogous at all to be honest mate. We were on the slide from being one of the best teams in the country- the pigs 3 years ago were in league 1. The PL is now a totally different beast with no team outside of the top 6 winning consistently. 

They weren't winning consistently when they were in the top 5 lol

It was a light hearted comment, don't analyse it too much - this thread is mainly for light heartedly taking the mickey, unlike the inherent bitterness and hatred which oozes from the other lot.

1 hour ago, Growl67 said:

As I posted last year no matter who you support the abuse he got was vile, it made me cringe. 

The One/One's? he abused wouldn't think so.

If he didn't want to be in the limelight, get a job in a factory somewhere, then he won't have thousands giving him abuse.

But that wouldn't make him millions would it.

2 hours ago, MAL said:

The One/One's? he abused wouldn't think so.

If he didn't want to be in the limelight, get a job in a factory somewhere, then he won't have thousands giving him abuse.

But that wouldn't make him millions would it.

We all know what happened and why some of our fans and Leeds fans did what they did and it was nothing to do with one/ones, it was to try and get to the kid because of who he was playing for. My guess is most of those shouting at both grounds hadn’t got a clue, they just thought with him out of the way it’d help their own cause. Is this what football’s come to? Sorry it’s not for me. 

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Is that what he meant by his snake pass experience?

Presume it was the abuse after that episode.

On 12/12/2019 at 16:57, NorfolkNChance said:

Jack Rodwell training with them currently 

On 12/12/2019 at 17:20, edmontonowl said:

What's happened to Ravel Morrison? Didn't they sign him a few months back?

I wonder how many dysfunctional players they will sign before getting a tune out of one? I mean a top top one because to be fair the likes of Fleck was supposed to be the Scottish Rooney and he's got him playing well now. But one of these that were supposed to be a world beater like Morrison, Roswell. He clearly has a penchant for trying to turn them around. As for Morrison he's a lost cause, he's missed too much football over the years I would say. Even if suddenly he has the best work ethic I can't see him getting it back. Dont forget he was only ever looking a top player in age group football. He didn't even have time playing well at senior level like Rodwell.