Michael Hector.

MH linked in with Sessignon move to Spurs which hit gliches and delay, Fulham v keen on him.

Wait till new year now, must be well frustrating for MH tho!

A season with us and now nowt at Chelski - the ups n downs of a pro footballer eh?

59 minutes ago, ash60s said:

MH linked in with Sessignon move to Spurs which hit gliches and delay, Fulham v keen on him.

Wait till new year now, must be well frustrating for MH tho!

A season with us and now nowt at Chelski - the ups n downs of a pro footballer eh?

Fulham cant be skint as they will have the failure payment in place. Just fake news the Sessengon tale.

I remember a few seasons back the odd 100 page thread about Jordon Rhodes when we were seemingly negotiating hard over the 8-10m purchase price and poster after poster saying ‘just fizzing pay it, we know he’s worth it/just get it done’ or phrases to that effect. 

Bit of de ja vu in this thread. Whilst I thought Hector was great for us last term, buying him has to be on terms that suit us as well as Chelsea and him. I’m glad to see the chairman has learnt from some of his past mistakes as it he really easy to put us back in embargo going after the fans player of the year. 

Hard decisions were needed and im delighted in the windows arrivals, even without big Hec! 

It's the game you play with loan signings and it's a game we are fully aware of.

They either work out incredibly well (Hector, Kenweyne Jones, Marshall) or they flatter to deceive (Josh Onomah, Rodri etc). You go into this knowing you have them for the season and if they play well you are priced out of the deal. It happens at every single club going and it's a system we haven't used enough in recent years.

Hector was fantastic for us but he came to us on the back of an apparent average season for Hull. I didn't feel like we had a great deal of competition to sign him but his stock has risen massively since then. 

We made the right decision to leave this deal. It's almost as if just because we sold Lucas for a tidy sum everyone has forgotten about the absolute poo storm of a mess we made with FFP and signing players. I also think we need to give Julian Borner a run in the side before relegating him to 3rd choice. He's come to us highly rated, captained his previous club and looks a player.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

That escaped me. I'm sure we signed Hector late August/early September last season. Maybe the transfer window was open later.

Yeah it was. They chose this season to close it before the first premier match.

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

There’s gonna be a meltdown on here if Borner has a mare for a few games

The 5m ‘rip off’ transfer fee Chelsea were requesting will be a pittance in a few months if it turns sour 

:duntmatter:

Or conversely, we'll all have forgotten about Hector come January.

9 hours ago, A12owl said:

Hector will now be stuck at Chelsea with no game time. He should have asked for a transfer which could have forced their hand. 

They won't be bothered as he has NEVER figured in their plans it seems. 

If Luiz  was not in first 4 or 5 for selection then Hector would have been about 35th choice. Daft that they didn't let him go either on loan or permanent. 

Absolutely agree. The Hector situation illustrates just how much money is washing around in the Premier League... Chelsea bought him for 4 Million, in the three or four seasons that he been there he’s never been near the first team , he hasn’t been named in any of the 35 man pre season squads and Chelsea want 5 Million for him ! How he has gained a quarter of his original purchase price in value  is beyond me.

He would walk into any Championship side and possibly several Premier teams but instead he is going to be kicking his heels in the under 23’s until January... he must be pig sick !

( I totally agree with Wednesday’s stance by the way)

1 minute ago, LiamAP22D said:

Shame about Hector, doubt we'll see him back here now. Makes me wonder how much he really wanted to come back.

Well, he's a professional. 

I'm sure he has a degree of afinity with us, but that's not going to stop him joining another club. 

Fulham will probably offer him more money and he gets to stay in London etc. 

The only "loyalty" in football comes from the fans. For everyone else, it is a job. 

10 hours ago, A12owl said:

Hector will now be stuck at Chelsea with no game time. He should have asked for a transfer which could have forced their hand. 

They won't be bothered as he has NEVER figured in their plans it seems. 

If Luiz  was not in first 4 or 5 for selection then Hector would have been about 35th choice. Daft that they didn't let him go either on loan or permanent. 

How do you know he didn't?

Im sure he wanted to come back here but Chelsea held out for £5m given they were aware of Fulham's interest given they had the funds to finance the deal as they were selling Sessegnon to Spurs.  Spurs took their time and as a consequence the Hector deal didn't happen.  Im gutted about Hector but Im glad we didn't pay £5m for him.  I thought £3.5m was about right for a top player in the last year of his contract.  We've missed the boat on this one now - he will sign for Fulham in January.  Spare a thought for Hector in all this - he will be limbo for 5 months!

Why on earth are people pointing the finger at Hector for the reason his move back here didn't materialise?

Chelsea wanted 5mill for him, and we didn't want to pay it (and rightly so!)

What did fans expect Hector to do to get a move here?!

Completely out of his control. I really feel for him. It was clearly obvious he wanted to come back here and potentially put some roots down in the area too (young family etc).

Fulham are financially ffcucked!
£120M for bottom 3 finish plus 3 years of failure payments to come with a £25M fee received for Sessignon.
FFP excuse for an incoming transfer not taking place is unprecedented & if true Fulham are in absolute financial meltdown!
Fulham played a brinkmanship, last minute game by putting in a bid for Hec of £5M & Chelsea got greedy.
DC rightly told them to ffcuk off & Fulham then tried to negotiate down, Chelsea told them to FRO & Fulham bottled it.

Hec doesn’t even have a squad number at Chelsea & is currently training with the kids. His only hope of kicking a ball before January is a loan to the Continent, Scotland or Leagues 1/2, and he’s only got less than 2 weeks to do it.

He may or may not be coming here in January but one place he definitely won’t be going is Fulham!
In summary Fulham have royally ffucked Hector, Wednesday & Chelsea in that order!